Newbie from Louisville KY

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeLeafInIt

Hi all, I am in my second week with my 2012 Leaf. It seems like an amazing vehicle so far.

I am a Hypermiler. I drove an Escape Hybrid from 2007 until 2 weeks ago, so my focus will be on minimizing the amount of fossil fuels used to get me to my destination.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'll be reading more of the good posts that I have found here and hope that I can contribute when I understand more about the vehicle.

Thanks for having this forum, I think it will be helpful!
Rob

Welcome to Team EV and enjoy the grin. You might want to update your profile to indicate your location. Beat you guys to a recommendation for once :lol:

Rob, hope you enjoy your Leaf as much as I'm enjoying mine.

Thanks for the recommendation, Tom. It is good to be here.

I see in your signature that you don't see many other EVs in KC? It's interesting because I was deciding between the Leaf and the Prius C when a guy at work told me that he was working out a lease on a Leaf. So two weeks ago there were none at work and now there are two. He and I are talking with the VP of Sustainability to hopefully install a solar charging station in the parking lot at work. We also have at least one Volt in town that I am aware of.

With our low electric rates, I am surprised that I don't see more of them. I calculated 1.48 cents per mile for my first full week. Compared to 7.80 cents per mile over 5 years for the Escape Hybrid. A definite improvement for me :D

Back