Turning over a new leaf in central MA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

This is my first post and introduction.  I'm happy to find you all and look forward to maximizing my use of the Leaf by learning things here. Community and shared experience rock.

I'd like to thank the entire state of California. Just heard on NPR news that only 1/10 of 1% (.001) of US car sales are emissions free and they say that the reason any battery powered vehicles are sold at all in the US is because of the CA mandate. For perspective, about 1% of men take their wives name at marriage in the US, so for every 10 guys you know who did that, probably one of them drives a Leaf. We are a rare breed.

I just signed a lease today, and will likely pick it up Friday, but have been researching for months and delaying gratification for years, but no more.

Considered:
Prius plug-in, not enough EV range.
Volt, better, but too small.
iMiev, cute, but also small, and rear wheel drive, which I'm not going back to in the snow.

So, signed on a blue 2012 SL, should be delivered with about 10 miles on it. $149/month tax incl. for 24 months, taking my 2001 Focus wagon as $2k down, plus acq fee. Will post lease story in lease section later, was very interesting, almost a bidding war.

Have a lot to learn and will ask many newbie questions later, but for now:

Why are there no green leafs?

I've searched the posts, but failed to find a definative answer. Comes down to Nissan's choice of course, but what are they thinking?

Welcome to the forum. Please update your location in the profile. How many miles would you typically drive on a weekday or weekend? Do you plan to charge with Nissan supplied L1 or do have an L2 EVSE installed?

Your $149/month with $2k down is perhaps the cheapest I have heard in this forum. You are paying less than half of what I paid 9 months ago.

Welcome,
Congrats on your lease, cheapest I have ever heard of.
We truly are the 1%, but there is nothing wrong with that. I am sure as you read through this amazing forum you will find almost any question you may have will be answered by some truly amazingly smart people. Interesting that the 1% would contain genius's.
Hairy

mkjayakumar said:
Welcome to the forum. Please update your location in the profile. How many miles would you typically drive on a weekday or weekend? Do you plan to charge with Nissan supplied L1 or do have an L2 EVSE installed?

Your $149/month with $2k down is perhaps the cheapest I have heard in this forum. You are paying less than half of what I paid 9 months ago.

Thanks. Profile correctly lists Rochdale, MA, which is next to Worcester, about 40 miles west of Boston.
Drive less than 10k/yr now, avg 30/day or so, but expect to drive more and use second car less. Got 15k/yr on lease so should be OK there, we'll see. Commute is only 20 round trip.

L2 being installed this weekend, and may get to charge at work, so may never pay for fuel if lucky. Have 6.72 kW solar array at home to cover what work doesn't provide.

Dealers here had to take one as an alotment, and some are giving them away now that the 2013's are here and better. Less incentives than the left coast and disinterest of customers means better pricing. If you're in southern NE, nows a good time to negotiate.

HairyCairy said:
Welcome,
Congrats on your lease, cheapest I have ever heard of.
We truly are the 1%, but there is nothing wrong with that. I am sure as you read through this amazing forum you will find almost any question you may have will be answered by some truly amazingly smart people. Interesting that the 1% would contain genius's.
Hairy

Thanks, I think you're right, and perhaps the people who buy Leafs are all geniuses, and maybe of us .001%, there are those .00001% who are super genius, Sheldon Cooper types, oh but wait, Sheldon doesn't drive . . .

Sorry, I'm still on a high. Cant remember ever being this excited about a car before, hope it lasts.

Back