So here is my deal:
Leased car, 3 years
$0 down, tax in monthly payment, 15K miles per year.
2018 SL model $36,200
SL Technology Package $650
Protection Package $245
Splash Guards $190
Mats and Cargo Mat $190
Cargo Organizer $230
Kick Plates $130
Safety Kit $ 75
Destination charge $885
Monthly payment, includes tax $439
plus Road Hazard Warranty $ 8
$447 per month total.
Have the car less than 1 month, some observations:
1. My EV Connect on my phone does not work, not going into detail here, have done so on other posts.
2. Cargo Organizer is made like garbage, cheap, the covers don't fit right, they seem small.
3. Can't use a cargo net when you have cargo organizer, because it is covered up by cargo organizer, but would not want it anyway because one has the cargo organizer. Also size of net is a joke.
4. On the positive side, the car rides great, so smooth. Love the cruise control with lane assist, a little weird at first to get used to. the E-pedal is interesting, use it sometimes in slow moving traffic. I am using the EVSO cable as my main unit in the garage. Put in a 240 volt line, 50 amp breaker, 14-50 receptacle, #6 copper wire. Have found a few L2 charging stations in my area, they are free! Can't argue with that. One has been broken for a while now, I reported it, still broken. I have ConEd service, discovered that off-peak time (after midnight) is fraction of peak time cost, so timer in car set to charge after midnight.
5. Sound system (Bose) is quite good, looks like a subwoofer in the trunk area. Good front visibility. Comfortable driver seat, wish it had memory.
6. Cargo cover mat does not fit well, weird shape.
7. I never buy dealer add ons in the past. However in my last car, the low profile tires on my Volvo S60 were a nightmare. I blew out 3 tires going over potholes, some at very low speeds and at $350+ per tire, I thought that $8 per month which included "everything" was a good deal. I have to check the paperwork, might include rotation of tires, this way I don't have to pay the dealer at 7500, 15,000, etc to rotate tires. Not sure it is included.
8. You might be wondering the 15K miles per year, I am in sales, so need the miles. In my last car, turned in with close to 45K after 3 years. One year I was over and had to cough up some money to the leasing co.
9. I am enrolled in FleetCarma, they send you a small box that plugs into your OBD port. It tracks lots of info, but you get $150 for using it, and another $25 if you plug it in the week you get it, plus some discounts in the summer and other months from ConEd. Did not see a downside to this. I go online and look at the actual mileage I did. Tells me when I started and ended the trip.
2018 Gun Metallic Gray, SL, Technology Package, etc.