Hi, my name is javan and I'm glad the Leaf is coming soon.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

javan

I'm hoping to be an early adopter of the Leaf. It seems to fit my needs well from what I've read. I have a 33 mile one way commute to work each day at a Social Security office in northern California, and would like to be driving a zero emissions vehicle to and from work. I've been seriously considering an Aptera for its amazing design and energy efficiency, but I think the Leaf will actually turn out to be a successful mainstream vehicle. I trust Nissan to do a good job with the vehicle and am looking forward to taking a test drive and buying one when available. It is an exciting time for electric cars! javan

Hi Javan,

Welcome to the site!

Sounds like the Nissan Leaf will fit your needs perfectly. I have not heard of the Aptera until you mentioned it. It looks like a plane with no wings!

Welcome Javan. Yes, I'm excited the Nissan Leaf will be here soon!

Are you planning on buying one?
Does it depend on the price?
Where are you located, and do you just have a short commute or a long commute?

Hi debbievh,
I'm located in far northern coastal California. At this point I am planning to put down a deposit on a Leaf the first day it is possible to do so. I would like to test drive it, but I did buy my Prius before driving it, so I could possibly do that again. Where are you located? javan

It's neat seeing all of these old names I remember from the Aptera forum over here. ;) Looks like the Leaf is largely getting Aptera's reservation holders.

Such a shame... it was such a beautiful and efficient bird. But I'll take a catfish (Leaf ;) ) over no EV any day, and Aptera's been circling the drain.

It is a herculean task to make a vehicle, any vehicle, for the road in a developed country today, from scratch. It would take far more than the amount invested in Aptera to date. In short, though an interesting concept car, it is doomed.

Back