New Leafer.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Hi, I'm Mike, and I put my reservation in as soon as the email came on Tuesday afternoon. I went with a silver SL.

I'm not completely happy about that color, because my first choice would have been a green of some sort and am already having buyers remorse about what I did choose. But think it was the best I could make of the circumstances and am rather hoping the final color will be a dark silver, very much like the one Nissan used on the '09 350Z (Carbon Silver).

I am perplexed about the differences I seem to be hearing about what people saw when they registered. I don't remember seeing anything about choosing a dealer, and some people have reported being offered free charging stations. At first I thought the latter was regional, and tied to the EV project roll-out cities (San Diego being the only one in CA), but then someone also from LA told me she was offered one when she reserved, so I don't know what gives there.

But, in the fullness of time, I suppose many of the unanswered questions about both the car, the charger, and the purchase process, will be come evident, and I'll just keep an eye out for new information. I think this would be a perfect place to keep watch!

I think anybody Registered (any location) can leave a $99 deposit for a Reservation, but only a very select few hundred per rollout city will actually be offered a Leaf this year.

Did anybody try to leave a deposit and get turned down?

garygid said:
I think anybody Registered (any location) can leave a $99 deposit for a Reservation, but only a very select few hundred per rollout city will actually be offered a Leaf this year.

Actually, Nissan said 1,000 cars for EACH of the five rollout states.

garygid said:

Hi, Gary. Nice to see you on this forum. I guess I am slowly deserting the other ship too.
I tried to reserve a leaf, but must have been too late to do it, April 22. They didn't ask for any deposit at that time but will probably ask for it on May 15 when I will finally be allowed to place a reservation.

I don't thinkyou'll be forced to buy a silver Leaf, when Nissan notifies you that your Leaf is coming, tell them that you'd prefer the green.

White Leaf + Green paint = Green Leaf

How much would a Green metalic mist paint job on a new white Leaf cost?

Would they have to remove the outer "sealer" clear-coat before painting?

garygid said:
White Leaf + Green paint = Green Leaf

How much would a Green metalic mist paint job on a new white Leaf cost?

Would they have to remove the outer "sealer" clear-coat before painting?

Yes, and a decent paint job is in the thousands. You could get a tree wrap made- LOL

leaffan said:

I looked high and low but could not find an official listing of the "five rollout states". Are they even selected yet or is Nissan waiting to see what kind of interest they're getting in the reservations people are making?

FloridaRobot said:
leaffan said:

I looked high and low but could not find an official listing of the "five rollout states". Are they even selected yet or is Nissan waiting to see what kind of interest they're getting in the reservations people are making?

California
Arizona
Washington
Tennessee
Oregon

Back