UPGRADE YOUR MEMBERSHIP - donate to the forum and get...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wxxyz

Become a forum supporter by donating $15 or more, and you'll no longer see ads when logged in to your account for 1 year!

Forum Supporter Additional Features:

•Private message limit increased from 20 messages to 250 messages
•Post an avatar to your profile
•Create a blog on MyNissanLeaf.com blog
•Hide forum ads

View this link for full details and the paypal button: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/payments.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice!! 1000 thanks!

Any chance you can up that avatar size limit to something bigger than 6k? I can't find anything THAT small that I want to post!!!
:oops:

Jimmydreams said:
Nice!! 1000 thanks!

Any chance you can up that avatar size limit to something bigger than 6k? I can't find anything THAT small that I want to post!!!

See my avatar. It is just 3K.

First convert whatever you want to use for avatar into 90 pixel x 90 pixel. Most probably it will be smaller than 6K.

evnow said:
Jimmydreams said:
Nice!! 1000 thanks!

See my avatar. It is just 3K.

First convert whatever you want to use for avatar into 90 pixel x 90 pixel. Most probably it will be smaller than 6K.

I had to play with the different file types and found one that worked. Thanks!!

The avatar file size limit of 6Kb is pretty strict, but that's to address the concern of many that the avatars would slow the site speed.
If you need help compressing an image email me and I can help you out.

LEAFer said:
What extensions are allowed ? And do you have some general comments/tools/techniques for compression to achieve 6kB ?

All normal extensions - like jpg, gif, png are fine.

You can just open the image you have in an image editing software (can be something as simple as Windows Paint) and resize the image to 90x90 pixels and save. Make it a little smaller if you don't get within 6K the first time (my image is 73x73).

Suggestion:

If you want more people to donate, Sticky this thread, advertise a little.
No shame in that, you obviously have put in some hard work here and running
a website or Forum isn't easy nor cheap.

That little link under the advertisement is very hard to notice, and had I
not been searching for the reason the avatar thingy is turned off, I would
never have known.

P.S. This is my first post cause I read alot and don't post. Oh, and I can't
belive I got that username..... ;)

belive I got that username..... ;)[/quote]

Really?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=schoenfield/060427

I'm guessing either you are,
1. Not a Football fan
2. New to San Diego
3. Named Ryan and you are buying a LEAF
4. Listening to a "Friend" who suggested you use this name and even get the personalized license plate

I guess the upside is that he was only rated #2 worst draft pick ever. ;)

Are you still taking donations because I can't find a "donate" button. It seems that when I first starting reading this forum I saw something about using PayPal, but I can't find that info now.

ecoobsessive said:
Are you still taking donations because I can't find a "donate" button. It seems that when I first starting reading this forum I saw something about using PayPal, but I can't find that info now.

gary posted instructions on this thread, his post from Oct 13th 2010 9:31AM is repeated below
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1244&start=20

Donating (and, finding the PayPal button):

1. From a random page, click the "Hide this ad" link to get to the "Support the Site" page that has a Donate button.

2. Click the "Donate" button to get to the "enter your Donation Amount" page. You are not yet committed to anything, you can just "Go Back" if you are not yet ready to Donate.

3. There, you may use a credit card directly, OR click the PayPal button (or log into PayPal) to "pay" via PayPal.

If this site helped you save money, answered some perplexing questions, or just provides entertainment for hours, consider "paying forward" to make this small (but very rare) world a better place to live.

Even a small donation from a LOT of users ... would really go a long way. And, it you still have a good job and are able to donate a substantial amount, then all of us here now, and the others to come, will join in celebrating your good circumstances and kind heart, and we will all grow together, and benefit greatly.

No, other than donating, I have no financial connection to the forum

RyanLeaf said:
Suggestion:

If you want more people to donate, Sticky this thread, advertise a little.
No shame in that, you obviously have put in some hard work here and running
a website or Forum isn't easy nor cheap.

That little link under the advertisement is very hard to notice, and had I
not been searching for the reason the avatar thingy is turned off, I would
never have known.

belive I got that username..... ;)

Welcome to the forum Ryan!

Sticky suggested, not Announcement (triangular icon), since the link to first-unread-post does NOT work properly on INFO-type threads.

Perhaps re-class all INFO threads, and move them into a new "Announcements" Section (just for them) ... at least until the "link to first-unread" problem is fixed?

I'm not normally this dense ... but I must admit, even after fishing around for a good 15 mintues - I can not figure out HOW to contribute.

What am I missing? I've been through the user control panel several times, the FAQ too. I keep going to the top level and coming up empty.

I hate figuring out a new forum. :)

What am I missing (that's probably right in front of my face somewhere ...)?

Of course I find it right after I post. I guess that's the way it alway works.

Is clicking "hide this ad" truly the only way though? If so ... it's sheer luck (or persistance) that I donated. I'm so used to Ads that I'm not really thinking about getting rid of them.

I just donated using PayPal. Was not any trouble at all after reading through this thread. I'll try to figure out the avatar feature once I figure out what I want to use.

Thanks for putting this site together.

Back