Were you offered a free charging station?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azrich

It would be interesting to figure out where the federal government is offering to install the free home charging station.

After some of us paid reservation fee, chose color, etc. we were asked if we would like to be considered to be part of a federal study and receive a free home charging station. The federal government will be able to link to (not sure) either the charging station or the LEAF via satellite and receive information about charging practices, mileage per charge, and other info.

If you were offered the charging station would you please reply with:

LOCATION?

DID YOU ACCEPT OFFER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS STUDY?

Thanks.

In the referenced article below are some details on the roll out in the inital markets, inlcuding the charger offer.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/apr/23/kitsap-buyers-lining-up-for-electric-leafs/

This is an easy question, look at the link below for "The EV Project", this is the $99.8 million grant from the DOE that is using the 4700 Nissan Leafs, all of the locations are mostly in the Western US, except for Tennesee.
If you live in one of the 10 target cities, you where offered the "free" charger (it's hardly free, as our tax money is paying for the $99.8 million eventually)

http://www.theevproject.com/overview.php

"In the summer of 2010, charging infrastructure will be deployed in the following major population areas: Phoenix (AZ), Tucson (AZ), San Diego (CA), Portland (OR), Eugene (OR), Corvallis (OR), Seattle (WA), Nashville (TN), Knoxville (TN) and Chattanooga (TN). The Nissan LEAF will be available in those same areas in the fall of 2010 to consumers and fleets."

Thanks for the link mitch!

Yeah, I am totally in support of this spending idea, but it reminds me of those "Hoveround" commercials where the lady says "I got my Hoveround and I didn't have to pay a dime!" :) I don't mind helping her out, but hey, I sure paid a dime for her Hoveround!

Apparently 60 miles (92672) from San Diego city center is too far away.

What zip codes are NEAR the rollout cities, but were NOT offered a chance to participate?

With these "too-far" zip codes, we should be able to surround and discover the "blessed" areas.

Gary, isn't San Clemente actually Orange County?

I would guess the perimeter is up to the 78 on the north, including the communities straddling the 78. Carlsbad should be in, Oceanside becomes iffy under this scenario. Pendleton would be out.

Azrich said:
LOCATION? - Tucson, AZ

DID YOU ACCEPT OFFER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS STUDY? Yes

Azrich, Do you have a copy of that email(?) or have an excerpt of the text that describes this offer?

During the registration process in the beginning, I did get a dialog box to do some sort of 7 questions survey, but it had nothing to do with getting a free charging station. Is the offer only for LEAF registrations outside of the targeted cities mentioned in this thread?

Thx.

mxp, after the reservation process, (can't remember if I paid the fee yet or not), another screen came up and asked if I wanted to participate in the EV Project and be considered for a home charging station for free. It asked me many questions, address, phone, residence description, electric company, electricity use at home, circuit breakers or fuses?, path between my circuit breaker box and garage, driving patterns,etc. (two pages of printed questions!) It then gave me a choice to print out the questions and answers, which I did. It is called, "The Ev Project Questionnaire".

The URL appears at the bottom of the print out of questions. It is: http://www.etec.nissuanusa.com/questionnaire/print_answers.php

It does not connect to anything now.

I remembered that I had gone to http://www.theevproject.com/

before I had reserved the LEAF. You can go there and "Sign Up Now". It is the company that is installing the charging stations around the country. Give it a try.

garygid said:
Apparently 60 miles (92672) from San Diego city center is too far away.
What zip codes are NEAR the rollout cities, but were NOT offered a chance to participate?
With these "too-far" zip codes, we should be able to surround and discover the "blessed" areas.
I can't help with San Diego, but I am about 4 miles away from the defined Tucson, AZ city limits (I technically live in Vail, AZ), and I was not offered a chance to participate.

It may have something to do with the utility as well. The charging infrastructure is a partnership among Nissan, AV, fed, city & utility.

I was offerred the charging station - I'm in a suburb of Seattle. I even have a different utility than Seattle.

Back