Hi All Ian from Durham(UK) Working Nissan Sunderland

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianmax69

Ive only seen a Leaf all locked up and in Pre-production RHD form so far,
I dont have a garage and my house is on a public access driveway,
Can you answer me this... When Charging overnight can you lock the charger cable to the hood plug in?
So it stops potential vandals trying to sabotarge or cut the cable?
Does the cable come with a tamper alarm so if anyone attempts to interfere with it while its charging an alarm will sound in your home on the plug in on the wall?
Also in the harsh weather we have had just recently, (-20'c) does the Leaf have a facility to stop ice forming on the windscreen, that doesnt draw poer from its cells..?

Many Thanks

Ian, Chester le Street, Durham, UK

These answers are from my knowledge of the US version. I do not believe we've seen what plug will come with the UK version, and some accessories might be differerent
ianmax69 said:
When Charging overnight can you lock the charger cable to the hood plug in?
No, although we've seen a Japanese accessory that appears to do this. Unknown if it will be available in the US or UK

ianmax69 said:
Does the cable come with a tamper alarm so if anyone attempts to interfere with it while its charging an alarm will sound in your home on the plug in on the wall?
Not on the cable, but there are options about having the car email or SMS you if the car gets disconnected while it is charging. This might not work if the car was finished charging and then someone messed with it.

ianmax69 said:
Also in the harsh weather we have had just recently, (-20'c) does the Leaf have a facility to stop ice forming on the windscreen, that doesn't draw power from its cells..?
Although it is possible that this would be some kind of option with the yet-unseen "Cold Weather Package", I seriously doubt it (Currently it is expected that that package will offer heated seats and some kind of 'warmer' for the battery). However, you are able to pre-heat the car while it is plugged in, so that would work for the start of your journey.

mwalsh said:
Hello Ian. Welcome mate. If you've got as many pikeys as my brother has round his end (Newcastle), you'll need that Japanese spec. locking cover. :lol:
Hmmm ... I thought British hooligans are to be found only in football games ;)

Hi Ian,

We could do with someone from a UK Nissan registering on our forum and sharing local info.

As the Sunderland Leaf production plant will be going live at some point I'm sure you will get to lear a lot more about it. :cool:

JasonT said:
there are options about having the car email or SMS you if the car gets disconnected while it is charging.

I want to believe this, but can't find any confirmation in the manual or carwings that "disconnected cable" can actually generate an email/SMS.

Back