i have some questions in regards to options and possible mods and upgrades to the Leaf 2016, SV model.
1) i have seen alot of different forms talking about LED upgrades, i have seen youtube videos and other posts on other sites, however there is always a question of lifespan and durability, along with look and proper connection, i have seem a video where the guy shaved part of the housing on a brand new LED bulb to fit it into the car, and on that note alone, i wont look to that as a viable option.
so on the first question, is there an actual official LED upgrade kit, that just works, and does not require anything funky, such as leaving a housing open, altering the bulbs or wiring?
2) the one main thing that really gets my goat is that the car does not come with automatic driving / headlights on any model except for the SL, so i am curious, has anyone looked to add this feature to the SV model of a 2016 or a S of any other year? i really want to some how add this in if possible, and not too costly.
3) Solar panels. does the SL model solar panel actually provide a worth while cost , does the 12 volt battery really need a separate charger, and if so is there a way to do this well, without causing issues with wiring? and has there been any form of battery issues on the 12 volt battery?
i have seen some people gripe about why its not a lithium battery as well, but does it really matter?
and lastly, has anyone successfully been able to fully modify the Leaf with solar panels to keep the leaf at or near a full charge while driving at great length?
4) what winter tires are best for the Leaf? i have heard some people mention about weight and other stats, but is it better to go with a 17 inch steel rim, or a 16 inch steel rim for winter tires and what brands does anyone recommend? i have had michelen xice before, but i am curious to know what others think.
5) what charging stations are people using at home? i have right near my garage a 30 amp dryer plug that is not being used, and is just covered by a bench right now, i was thinking of just running a charging station wire through the wall into that junction box and capping the box off, but this will only give me a 30 amp circut, its got its own breaker, so as far as i can tell my only real option is for something like this: http://suncountryhighway.com/en/Item/ChargerStore#!/SCH25P-EV-Charger/p/43196245/category=10658153 or some basic wiring for this: http://suncountryhighway.com/en/Item/ChargerStore#!/SCH25-EV-Charger/p/43196242/category=10658153
but is there a better charger that would provide a quicker charge than this, without requiring running a new wire from the breaker panel?