New member, looking at 2015 S model

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFireman

Brand new to forum, looking to buy a used Leaf,

Dealer states car as:

2015 Nissan Leaf S
16,237 miles
$9,999

CarFax report shows 16,267 miles
Also shows Warranty as:
estimated to have 18 months or 19,763 miles remaining.

Picture of dash shows:
13,255 miles

CarFax details follow

09/29/2014 NICB Vehicle manufactured and shipped to original dealer

12/03/2014 1 Dealer Inventory Vehicle offered for sale

04/20/2015 28 Texas Motor Vehicle Dept. Houston, TX
Title ##########2 Title issued or updated
First owner reported Titled or registered as personal lease vehicle
Vehicle color noted as Gray

03/01/2016 Texas Motor Vehicle Dept. Houston, TX
Title ############ Registration issued or renewed
Passed safety inspection
Registration updated when owner moved the vehicle to a new location
Vehicle color noted as Gray

05/23/2016 Nissan North America, Inc. Manufacturer recall issued
Recall #R1607
PTH LEF NV TX OCS NTB16-054

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Google search shows recall to be airbag related.

Since battery replacement is expected to be high dollar,
Does this vehicle still have the extended battery warranty?

Is the price in line with the market?

Thanks

2015 warranty:
3 years, 36,000 miles bumper-to-bumper
5 years, 60,000 miles powertrain including complete EV system
5 years, 60,000 miles battery capacity not less than 9 bars
8 years, 100,000 miles battery defect warranty (does not include gradual capacity loss)

Mileage is odometer reading (regardless of mileage at initial delivery) and time starts at initial delivery.

Gerry

Look at the sticker on the driver's door for date of manufacture so you will know how old the battery is.

The recall is to replace the sensor which does not recognize when there is someone sitting in the passenger seat and may not deploy the air bag. It takes an hour for the dealer to fix.

I have 2 LEAFs as you can see in my signature.

When dealing with dealers I ask for a photo of the dash, a photo of the door VIN plate, and photo of the charge port. From that can you can tell how many bars it has (you'd want to double check this with LeafSpy prior to purchase), what the build date of the battery is, and if it has QC for real.

this is a good price in SF area... which is flooded with used leafs from all over the country.
only thing you could do "better" would be to buy a 2012 SV or SL that has had a new battery installed.
you wont get the warranty.. but it wont matter and it may be 1-2K cheaper... and it will have the electronics,
and lighter allow wheels the S doesn't have.. and if smart.. you buy it from a cool climate !

I would pay a premium to get a used S-30 because of the longer range.. and the 8yr/100K capacity warranty.
Hard to find.. but its a 32K car.. with half that back on a '16 from dealer.. add some rebates.. and a new one might make sense
if you can stretch financially.

Back