Experience with nissanconnect ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adaviel

I recently bought a 2016 Leaf in Canada and of course had to try nissonconnect because I'm a nerd.

For me, the website totally sucked. I registered from my desktop with no problem, but the "apps" link took me to an error page (aha, now it works .. it gave me errors on all browsers except one on my phone), and the "EV services" page would not let me register - did not realize that I had in fact checked both boxes. The PDF for what I was supposed to be agreeing to did not exist (I've complained to nissancanada). I tried about 6 different browsers on my desktop and 3 on my phone till eventually one worked - did not display the boxes properly, but I could check them. So now I can login and see the charge status. Hooray. But it's painfully slow, and doesn't show the status on logging in, you have to send a request. How long can it take to send 10 bytes of data even across GPRS ?

I logged in after I had implicitly started charging the car by plugging the cord in. The web portal showed a button to "Start Charging". I'd expect one for "Stop Charging". Turning the climate control on did work from my tablet, eventually. I turned on email notification for several events but have yet to see a single one - what domain do they come from, what subject, so I can check mail logs ?

I tried the app on my Android phone. I was able to login, but it showed the car with zero charge at the same time as my desktop was showing the correct value.

Has anyone written their own app or API - something like a Perl or Python script ? I don't want glitz and friendly colours - I want speed and functionality. Something that's actually quicker than going outside to look at the lights on the car.

adaviel said:
Has anyone written their own app or API - something like a Perl or Python script ? I don't want glitz and friendly colours - I want speed and functionality. Something that's actually quicker than going outside to look at the lights on the car.

I've now written a nasty bit of Perl to check the charging status and log it. Doesn't turn on the A/C yet. Contact me if you want a copy.
I also found a 3rd-party Android app that seems to work for me better than the Nissan one.

Back