about to join the club, 2013 SL premium, 27k, 93%SOH

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estomax

hey guys,

been doing my research and i think i am finally ready to take the leap of faith. i have decided that i want to pay extra to get a fully loaded SL, because i want the around view monitor, LED lights and leather seats (i realize its fake but will be easier to keep clean with two toddlers).

i have decided on white and one finally came up now.

at 10k flat, the price is not super amazing, but i bartered down a bunch from what the dealer started out with (11,990). The going price on craigslist for a 2013 SL premium with low miles is right around 10k here.

here is the money shot:
AS3dw3O.png

look forward to contributing!

Marko

PS: do these cars come from the factory with two keys? if i go pick up the car tomorrow i want to make sure there are two keys if there are supposed to be.

Yes, two keys should come with it. If one is missing, it's an expensive PITA to get another one and have it programmed. I also strongly suggest that you verify that the car has Premium Package before signing anything. Many dealers lie about this, putting the word "premium" in a listing when the package isn't there. It's quite possible for a 2013 SL to have no backup camera, even, believe it or not.

Thanks Leftie, I did make sure it has the Bose box and around view monitor/rear view cameras so it's a real premium package. Gonna make sure it has both keys when I go to do the paperwork today. The whole Nissan Certified thing seems silly too, doesn't cover battery or heat pump..

Marko

Enjoy it. It looks like I have your twin, also a white 2013 SL Premium with 26K when I got it last month and 29K now.

I've been very impressed with the car so far, I'm sure you will be too!

Try to get them to throw in the 3G telematics TCU upgrade so you can use Carwings/NissanConnectEV.

I will be asking about the 3g upgrade for sure. going to go finalize the paperwork at dealer now. we'll see if the 3g is negotiable. did you buy yours at a dealer or private?

estomax said:
did you buy yours at a dealer or private?

Mine was at a Nissan dealer, Certified Preowned for whatever that's worth. Warranty booklet looks nice! Unfortunately the program is skewed away from helping EV's much.

Well I picked up the car, I got 2 keys so that's nice. I brought up the telematics upgrade but the sales guy either didn't know about it or played dumb. Service was closed on Sunday too so I let it slide for now. Happy with it so far, haven't spent a significant amount of time with it yet though. Annoyingly they really pushed the 2000 dollar protection plan to roll that into the finance, they tried to slide that into the finance signing/paperwork shuffle but luckily I caught it.

the certified preowned thing really doesn't give much to the Leaf indeed. I will be scheduling the 3g upgrade next week.

Thanks for the welcome, look forward to contributing!

Marko

Yeah, the problem is that (when I was shopping for Leafs), Nissan franchise dealers have a big markup vs. used car lots that get them from Manheim auctions. CPO adds even more to the cost, although it arguably could help on a few things.

It's probably too late now, but I'd have looked at Carfax and/or Autocheck to see where it resided along w/the build month on the driver's side door sticker.

mine was a cali car since it had the hov sticker on it, but it was first registered 12/29/13 so as far as warranty is concerned it is as close to a 2014 year car as it can get :)

just checked, build date 11/13 on door jamb. almost a 2014 car, surprised it wasnt labeled as such even.. i thought the last couple of months of cars are all for the next year.

Back