New member and proud owner of a "new to me" Leaf!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salchc

I had the misfourtune to be hit by a kid in town, and my 2009 Nissan Versa was totaled. I am in United States Air Force and currently stationed in North Dakota. While car shopping I found a used leaf that I drove home on Janurary 20th 2017.

So far so good and I am enjoying my new ride. The harsh winter here is just about over and things are warming up. I also will be moving back to a much better climate come September 2017. My family and I have a 2011 Nissan Armada so for moving we will be towing my car.

But my beautiful 2013 Nissan Leaf S, with the upgraded 6.6kw onboard charger, backup camera, and QC port is a great new commuter vehicle. I may be more of a lurker on this forum, but hope I can contribute in the near future. I already have Leaf spy Pro and will be posting my trip logs as soon as I get Leaf Logger working.

I will post pics of a the car, and a Leaf Spy scan in a few days. For now here is what I can see in the app:
AHr:56.60, SOH:86%, ODO: 35,999 mi, QC:3, L1&L2 C:1334

Oh and from a car fax and owner report this car was originally in California and after being bought in an auction made its way out here. The range is more than enough for me and will keep me happy for a few more years.

Sounds like you know what you have and are happy, so good for you!
Cheers, and enjoy the ride

Congrats. FYI your LeafSpy numbers show that you will probably lose a bar by the time you move out of North Dakota.

Ron Dawg: I know, I am eagerly awaiting that. To me the battery will be more than sufficient for what I do and drive. My 2009 Nissan Versa, only have 50,000 miles on it when it got totaled. =( I was going to drive that car to the ground, but life happens and I needed to get a new to me vehicle. The best thing about the Leaf, is that even with limited range it will work for my "work" car. I only drive my car to and from work, with the occasional stop at a store on the way home. =P So far here in my Isolated Conus Assignment I live the furthest I have ever lived from work, with that drive being mainly highway. Even here in the extreme cold, the range has been more than enough. Once we move back to either Denver Colorado or Southern California, I will be back to city driving and living only 10 miles or so from work.

Currently I am driving 19 miles one way, mostly 65 MpH highway, in colder ND winter. My car was totaled and I got 7000, for it... though I obviously felt it was worth more lol But I was able to pick this Leaf up for 7995 out the door, so hardly anything out of pocket. And I was back on the road again. =) This is saving us some money in gas, and I enjoy the ride. I actually love the way the Leaf looks like. =) Its my "Storm Trooper" Car Not too mention I was able to upgrade from a 2009 to a 2013. So a few more features that I am enjoying. Most people at work look at my like I am crazy for buying something that only has about 60-70 miles of range depending on the conditions. However I only drive about 35-39 miles a day and that is it here, and less than that in other places.

Mostly I took the jump because we have a huge family car that has tow capabilities and fits this family of five and 2 dogs. =) The Nissan Leaf is a great supplement car. Perhaps in the future when I am not moving across the country, and my kids are full grown the wife and I may get two EVs. Only time will tell on that.

My hope is to get a few good years, maybe 3-4 until this battery is no longer sufficient for my work trips. Then I will see what options on the market I will have. =) Currently right now I am enjoying shopping for all the small insignificant things to customize my ride to my liking. (Decals, phone mounts, mats, seat covers, hubcaps ect...)

Oh and one perk here, is I get to charge at work. So I haven't even been charging at home. lol Saving some money in that respect while here. Plus it made me able to buy a Car Dolly with the wifes permission. =P I been wanting one for years. lol

Salchc, I'd say you're crazy like a fox. Your use is very similar to mine and for the last year the LEAF has worked like a charm as well as a treat to drive. If your next assignment takes you to Denver you'll find a solid and growing charging station infrastructure. It takes a little more thought planning out your day but I find the LEAF's range perfectly adequate for modest commutes and errands.

Yeah I actually may consider that. 5 grand or so right and you get a "new" car of sorts lol Definently will be looking into it as soon as the range starts getting to be a hassle or I just want to have more range for the heck of it.

Back