Maintenance on a pre-owned Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanheat

Searched the topics for this but couldn't find a cohesive answer. Just got a '13 SV with around 35k miles on it pre-owned for a good deal, about 3 weeks ago. Still waiting on the tags from DMV. Now, placed around 300 miles on it, was just wondering when is the next scheduled maintenance time? I think last one done was the 30k maintenance done via previous owner. What mileage and/or time frame should I take it in, and would any Leaf-certified Nissan dealer work? I heard there's a mandatory battery inspection that we're required to go through? Is this hogwash?

Any help much appreciated!

look at the book for service, most of this is just safety check and checking the levels and brakes. I have 90 k one the original set of brakes. The in cabin air filter needs to be change. you can do that yourself if you want. lots of u tube on how to change it. This car will be the cheapest car to own. Enjoy your new car.

look at the book for service, most of this is just safety check and checking the levels and brakes. I have 90 k one the original set of brakes. The in cabin air filter needs to be change. you can do that yourself if you want. lots of u tube on how to change it. This car will be the cheapest car to own. Enjoy your new car.

GerryAZ said:
Annual battery check is required (regardless of mileage) to keep battery warranty intact, but so far there have been no reports of denied warranty coverage due to lack of tests.

Has it ever been clarified, anywhere, whether these checks are supposed to be required to keep intact the battery defect warranty, battery capacity warranty, or both?

Back