Fuse Box map?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLVDT

Why can I not find a map of the multiple fuse boxes in a 2012 Leaf? My hazard blinkers dont work, Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

The fuses for the individual lights are in the IPDM E/R which is the flat box in front of the
12 volt battery, and below the head light. They are hard to see and get too, because after
opening the box you have to twist it. The hazard switch has a 4 pin connector of which
only the 2 inner pins are used, 1 to ground, and 2 to the BCM(body control module) pin
29. This then sends a signal using the can bus to the IPDM E/R which controls all the lights.
There is a test mode for the IPDM E/R which is activated by opening the driver door, and
pressing the door button 10 times. I do not remember all the details, it would be a good
idea to get the service manual. Section EXL shows the hazard switch, section PCS
describes the IPDM E/R, and section PG shows the fuse layout.

Taking another look at the hazard warning system, I see i mistook the side marker
lights for the side turn signals. So it looks like the hazard system is completely
controlled by the BCM. The only fuses are those to the BCM, non for the turn signal
lights themselves. Also I suspect that pins 3, and 4 of the hazard switch is for lighting it.

Back