waterr
Delivery Date: 01 Sep 2014

Re: TCU upgrade not working

Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:37 am

Resetting userid/password was unsuccessful. Pulling battery cable for a few minutes then resubmitting userid and password in carwings settings succeeded. I checked the battery voltage with a multimeter. It was 12.54V. The car and battery are 2-1/2 years old with about 31,000 miles. I'll check in if the app stops working again.

lukati
Delivery Date: 07 Dec 2011

Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:11 pm

Everything seems to work fine after my update, except I cannot read the connectivity and charging status on the owner portal and on my smart phone. I can see the charge level and I can remotely turn climate control on and off. Has something like this been seen before?

VitaminJ
Delivery Date: 07 Jan 2017
Leaf Number: 415775

Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:12 pm

lukati wrote:Everything seems to work fine after my update, except I cannot read the connectivity and charging status on the owner portal and on my smart phone. I can see the charge level and I can remotely turn climate control on and off. Has something like this been seen before?
Try Leaf Manager instead, the Nissan app is buggy and times out all the time causing it to receive only partial data.
2013 Ocean Blue SV w/ QC and LED

PM me about converting your 120v EVSE to 240v

peter
Delivery Date: 04 Aug 2011
Leaf Number: 6487

Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:50 pm

lukati wrote:Everything seems to work fine after my update, except I cannot read the connectivity and charging status on the owner portal and on my smart phone. I can see the charge level and I can remotely turn climate control on and off. Has something like this been seen before?

I had the same problem - the update spinner keeps going forever and status never updates. However I found that you if turn off the "Update on Startup" switch under notification settings, then logout & log back on that it fixes the issue. You have to manually press the update button, but then it actually does update.

Macinator
Delivery Date: 21 Apr 2012
Leaf Number: 018717

Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:52 am

After trying everything that I could find on the internet about the TCU not working after paying for upgrade, I now have an appointment for the 3/27.

I will post what is found to be the problem, as many different problems have been listed, as well as some fixes after others have taken this plunge.

Macinator

Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:34 am

Dealer has had car for 2 days now. They can not get the TCU to work. :|

WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:48 am

Macinator wrote:Dealer has had car for 2 days now. They can not get the TCU to work. :|

I had three new TCUs installed before the third one worked.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red

Macinator

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:24 am

Dealer gave me the car back, with non-working TCU for now. Dealer was told by Nissan Tech Support that they would have a fix in a couple of days. I will then have to take the car back in (making it 3 trips now) for hopefully the final time.

On another note, they ran diagnostics and I was told the error code that is setting is the Inverter Cooling system pump 1 failing.
Part Number: 215813NA0A. Internet cost $476.91

joebrod
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2011

Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:06 am

I am having same problem. It shows full bars, with the the little car icon. when I try to connect it dials in and after a beat it grey's out and says connection has failed.

Car will not connect to service after update. Took back to dealer, they replaced the telematics unit.

They connected the car remotely to Leaf Headquarters in Tennessee and tried to reset the system twice. took 48 hours each time.
Not successful. They did a master reboot.

They returned the car saying the problem is with AT&T (passing the buck) and that they (Nissan will keep looking into it).

Was hoping to find solution here.

Dealer had the car for 1 week to install part

3 weeks 2nd time to try and fix

Universal Nissan in Los Angeles

2011 SL

wiltony
Delivery Date: 12 Apr 2017

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:41 am

I had a dealer upgrade the TCU in my recently purchased 2013 SL. All seemed to go fine, could connect and everything, except now I intermittently get a TPMS system error. It's not just the low-pressure light (plus I did check all my tires, just in case). The error light will flash for 60 seconds then stay solid. Later, it will turn off completely and everything seems fine, but then sometimes it will come on again. It happens, on average, once per trip, but not every time. I cannot predict when it is going to happen, and can't seem to correlate it with anything in particular. I only had the car for two weeks before I had the TCU upgraded, but it did not happen at all before then. It only started happening after the dealer upgraded the unit. I went back to the dealer and asked about it, and so they went ahead and reset the TPMS system, but that did not fix the problem. They now say it couldn't be related to the TCU upgrade, and if I want a fix, they'll need to charge me to replace the TPMS sensors.

Any ideas?

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”