2013 S vs 2015 S

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louflum

Hi,
I'm considering buying a used leaf. I found 2 leafs on an online site, both S models with about 23K miles. The 2013 is $8,000, the 2015 is $9,000. Both blue with the quick charge package. Can somebody here tell me if it is better to pay $1K more for the 2015? From what I see online both are in the same shape, but of course the powertrain warranty has more time on it for the 2015. I'm worried the battery pack might have less life in it in the 2013.

Also, how is the 4-speaker stereo in the S trim vs the 6-speaker in the SV and the 7-speaker Bose in the Premium package? I currently own a 2012 Prius 2 with a stock 4-speaker stereo I think is fine.

Thanks, Lou

The stereos/speakers in the S are pretty mediocre, but one plus about the S is you can easily change out the stereo for an after market unit, and then replace the speakers. You can't change out the stereo in the SL or SV because it's integrated into the climate control.

It's a hard choice between these two cars. I'd look at the batteries using Leaf Spy and see how they stacked up. You'd think the 15 would look better since it hasn't aged as much due to time.

I'd probably lean towards the 15 all things being equal. Or look around a bit for a cheaper 13.

Back