BigShow
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:17 pm
Delivery Date: 07 Oct 2017
Leaf Number: 413238

Re: 2013 Leaf S - Fresno

Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:43 pm

Looking at figures on here that's my thoughts too. It's an 07/13 build car but has been in Cali all its life so definitely lived hot.

At 100% it shows full bars and a 70 mile range.

cwerdna
Gold Member
Posts: 6543
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: 2013 Leaf S - Fresno

Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:57 pm

BigShow wrote:Looking at figures on here that's my thoughts too. It's an 07/13 build car but has been in Cali all its life so definitely lived hot.

At 100% it shows full bars and a 70 mile range.

Wow. It lived in a hot climate. Have a Carfax and/or Autocheck showing where? 4/2013 and later '13 Leafs seem to have better batteries.

The "70 miles" is the stupid GOM (guess-o-meter). It's crap. As for "full bars", I think you're looking at the wrong thing.

The capacity bars are the thin bars all the way on the right, including the red ones. See http://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/File ... bars_s.jpg for a (fully charged) 3 bar-loser. We're not talking about the "fuel bars" that go up/down depending on state of charge.

Once you're down 4 capacity bars within 5 year/60K miles (whichever comes first) of original in-service date, you'll be eligible for a replacement battery.

What are your SOH and Hx readings?

'13 blue Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 blue Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

BigShow
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:17 pm
Delivery Date: 07 Oct 2017
Leaf Number: 413238

Re: 2013 Leaf S - Fresno

Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:10 pm

Those bars?

Image[/URL]

BigShow
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:17 pm
Delivery Date: 07 Oct 2017
Leaf Number: 413238

Re: 2013 Leaf S - Fresno

Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:13 pm

Apologies, see the data you guys are talking about now, forgive the newb.

AHr: 56.93
SOH: 87%
Hx: 85.33
0 QC's
977 L1/L2's

baustin
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:23 pm
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2015
Leaf Number: 402162
Location: North Las Vegas, NV

Re: 2013 Leaf S - Fresno

Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:23 pm

BigShow wrote:Apologies, see the data you guys are talking about now, forgive the newb.

AHr: 56.93
SOH: 87%
Hx: 85.33
0 QC's
977 L1/L2's


That is much closer to what is expected of a Leaf with that build date. You are, however, close to dropping your first capacity bar.
2013 Leaf SV - Cayenne Red - QC Port - LED Headlights

BigShow
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:17 pm
Delivery Date: 07 Oct 2017
Leaf Number: 413238

Re: 2013 Leaf S - Fresno

Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:27 pm

baustin wrote:
BigShow wrote:Apologies, see the data you guys are talking about now, forgive the newb.

AHr: 56.93
SOH: 87%
Hx: 85.33
0 QC's
977 L1/L2's


That is much closer to what is expected of a Leaf with that build date. You are, however, close to dropping your first capacity bar.


Thanks, so just carry on regardless or still get it checked at the dealers?

cwerdna
Gold Member
Posts: 6543
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: 2013 Leaf S - Fresno

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:41 pm

BigShow wrote:
baustin wrote:
BigShow wrote:Apologies, see the data you guys are talking about now, forgive the newb.

AHr: 56.93
SOH: 87%
Hx: 85.33
0 QC's
977 L1/L2's


That is much closer to what is expected of a Leaf with that build date. You are, however, close to dropping your first capacity bar.


Thanks, so just carry on regardless or still get it checked at the dealers?

Agree w/baustin's comment. Your battery is in similar condition to mine.

What would you get checked at a dealer? They're not going to do squat unless you're down to 8 capacity bars or less or have some weird symptoms like sudden power loss well above turtle. Even for major imbalances due to a bad cell (can show up in Leaf Spy), some have had trouble getting that fixed.

'13 blue Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 blue Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

BigShow
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:17 pm
Delivery Date: 07 Oct 2017
Leaf Number: 413238

Re: 2013 Leaf S - Fresno

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:47 pm

cwerdna wrote:
BigShow wrote:
baustin wrote:
That is much closer to what is expected of a Leaf with that build date. You are, however, close to dropping your first capacity bar.


Thanks, so just carry on regardless or still get it checked at the dealers?

Agree w/baustin's comment. Your battery is in similar condition to mine.

What would you get checked at a dealer? They're not going to do squat unless you're down to 8 capacity bars or less or have some weird symptoms like sudden power loss well above turtle. Even for major imbalances due to a bad cell (can show up in Leaf Spy), some have had trouble getting that fixed.


Perfect, will just carry on enjoying the car and not worry about.

Appreciate everyone's comment's.

BigShow
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:17 pm
Delivery Date: 07 Oct 2017
Leaf Number: 413238

Re: 2013 Leaf S - Fresno

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:31 am

Took readings at 100% charge:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”