Any place that offers EV info and help for Spanish speakers?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IssacZachary

I'm writing this on behalf of a friend who doesn't speak English. When I bought my Leaf I didn't think anyone would think it was a good idea and follow me. Well, I was wrong. A Spanish speaking US Citizen grandmother saw my car, asked a few questions (I'm fluent in Spanish) and the next thing I know, she took her husband down to the closest Nissan dealer with a Leaf and towed one home (her husband also speaks only Spanish.)

Now I admit she seems to have the perfect driving situation for owning a Leaf. She has a garage, where she parks. She works about 5 miles away from her home. All her children and grand children live within 10 miles of her, and all the stores are within that area. I don't see her driving more than 30 miles per day ever. She says she might be able to plug in at work too. The main problem will be the cold winters here.

But on the other hand she knows nothing of EV's or Leafs. I'm going to try to help her, but was wondering if there was anything anyone knew in Spanish that could help. Maybe where to get a Spanish owner's manual or Spanish videos that explain how to charge or things like that.

She got a 2013 S. I have no idea what the GIDS or even the capacity bars are like. It does not have the CHAdeMO port. But that's about all I know so far.

Yep. I am a subscriber to a Youtube channel run by Saul Lopez. He has done literally 100's of videos about Electric Vehicles in general and many about the Nissan Leaf. He owns a Tesla S and a Nissan Leaf 2016 SL. Here is a link to one of his videos but just browse around his videos and there are dozens of interesting videos about everything from charging to the vehicles themselves. Saul is based out of Norway but is from Madrid. If I don't have a problem with Castellano (I am not a native speaker) than she definitely won't. But it is kind of a cool dialect. :D

Here is a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ3yMR3Ztts&t=13s

Also, this is kind of an international board/website so I doubt anyone would have a problem with her asking questions or getting info in Spanish. I know of at least a few of us who are spanish speakers that would be happy to respond to any of their questions. It is after all the fastest growing language in the world.

Hope this helps. I would be curious to hear what she thinks of Sauls channel.

John

Thank you webeleafowners.

I'm looking to help her get a good level 2 EVSE for inside her garage. I do need to make sure she has a 3.3kW charger, which I'm pretty sure she'd have if she has a 2013 S with no CHAdeMO. Right? Well I'm sure I can figure that out via the "hours to charge" section on the dash. I just wouldn't want to suggest a low amperage EVSE if she has the 6.6kW charger like I do.

But if she has a 3.3kW charger what would everyone think as far as suggesting the Clipper Creek LCS 20P? It goes for around $400. Then all she'd need is the 240 outlet wired in by an electrician.

What are the chances the 2013 S wouldn't have a battery heater? I'm under the assumption Nissan put battery heaters in all 2013's but it would be very important to make sure in view of the cold weather we get here.

IssacZachary said:
Thank you webeleafowners. I just wouldn't want to suggest a low amperage EVSE if she has the 6.6kW charger like I do.

But if she has a 3.3kW charger what would everyone think as far as suggesting the Clipper Creek LCS 20P? It goes for around $400. Then all she'd need is the 240 outlet wired in by an electrician.

The capacity of her existing electric service is the overriding reason to choose a lower-amperage EVSE over a higher-amperage one, regardless of car and capabilities. Otherwise a 30 amp model today isn't much more expensive and provides some level of future-proofing. The GE Durastation for example is also $400 and can be adjusted for lower amperages should the existing electric supply not be able to supply the necessary 40 amps.

Back