New Owner Intro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R1200RT

Leaf Supporting Member
Hi all,

Just a quick hi and hello to all!

I just had delivered to me a 2013 Nissan Leaf SL in pearl white. It has 25913 miles on the clock. Most of the driving my wife and I do on a daily basis are less than 5 miles each leg, so hopefully this will work out for us. Mainly just charging off the 120V outlet sitting in our backyward next to the driveway.

Congratulations on your Leaf and welcome to the forum!

I also have a 2013 SL and am very very happy with it!

I used a 120V outlet too until I got my Aeroviroment 240V "40amp" EVSE installed. There have been days that I've needed to charge back up to go somewhere else and with my 240V (level 2) I'm able to do that in an hour or two since each hour adds about 25 miles vs. 5 miles per hour charging off of the 120V. So that's something I'd recommend to you, getting a 240V EVSE that can take advantage of your Leaf's 6.6kW charger.

R1200RT said:
Hi all,

I just had delivered to me a 2013 Nissan Leaf SL in pearl white. It has 25913 miles on the clock. Most of the driving my wife and I do on a daily basis are less than 5 miles each leg, so hopefully this will work out for us. Mainly just charging off the 120V outlet sitting in our backyward next to the driveway.

Sounds much like my 2013 Nissan Leaf! Right off lease, and ready for more!

Just starting to actually drive it,

John Kuthe...

IssacZachary said:
Congratulations on your Leaf and welcome to the forum!

I also have a 2013 SL and am very very happy with it!

I used a 120V outlet too until I got my Aeroviroment 240V "40amp" EVSE installed. There have been days that I've needed to charge back up to go somewhere else and with my 240V (level 2) I'm able to do that in an hour or two since each hour adds about 25 miles vs. 5 miles per hour charging off of the 120V. So that's something I'd recommend to you, getting a 240V EVSE that can take advantage of your Leaf's 6.6kW charger.

Thank you. I am looking into the Level 2 idea. I might investigate that this weekend and pull off the cover on my electrical panel in the garage to see just how difficult it would be for me to run the 240V line about 2-4' inside the wall. I plan to install a wall outlet and then purchase the EVSE later.

JohnKuthe said:
R1200RT said:
Hi all,

Sounds much like my 2013 Nissan Leaf! Right off lease, and ready for more!

Just starting to actually drive it,

John Kuthe...

John,

Yes this leaf like yours just came off lease. I bought through http://www.carvana.com

Back