New Leaf Owner / Advice

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffleaf

Hi All,

As of today I am a proud leaf owner. :D
I purchased a used Leaf from a local dealer on what I think was a fair deal/price. However I have a week to return the vehicle for a full refund if I am not satisfied. So what I ended up purchasing was actually a 2011 Nissan Leaf, however with a brand new "Lizard" battery installed, which is helpful since I live in Arizona. The selling price was under 8K and then under 9K out the door with fees, etc. The car had only one previous owner, and that owner took exceptional care as evidenced by the interior and exterior condition. The mileage is about 35.5K The battery shows 76 on full charge. If I keep it I will install a 240v station in the garage. So - my question to the forum is 1) Does this sound like a fair deal? 2) Are there any issues I should be aware of during my evaluation period, or general concerns? Thanks! Jeff

The caveats I can think of off hand for an '11/'12 would mainly be related to the battery(which shouldn't be an issue now that you have a new one) and heater(which shouldn't really affect you, living in AZ).
That said if I were you I'd invest in a OBDII adapter and get the LeafSpy program(both for <$40 total), without it you won't have a SOC% display and will have to rely on the woefully inadequate GOM(miles left) and rough capacity left bars.
$8-9k for an '11 is way overpriced, with an original battery, I guess since a replacement battery would probably cost you in excess of $5k it would be like getting your Leaf for <$5k and would probably be a pretty decent deal.

Thanks for the advice jjeff, I ordered the OBDII adapter and will use LeafSpy Pro to view stats. I took delivery of the car today and am looking forward to seeing how it fits in my mostly short commutes and short errands. Thanks

Back