So I went for a test drive on a loaded 2013 Leaf SV today. 24k 11/12 bars showing. Manu date of 04/2013 on the door plate. Drove over an hour to see the car only to have problems with LeafSpy.
Disclaimer: As of a week ago I had never head about LS, but thanks to this forum and it's outstanding members I am now more knowledgeable than most dealer salesman on the leaf. The OBD2 Interface I have is an ELM327 v1.5 (see pic below). My phone is a Samsung Galaxy note 5 running Android 6.1
I plugged in the OBD interface, launched the app and went to the "Select OBDII" menu. I selected my device and was prompted for the pairing code. Now I've used this device in the past with no issues (as a matter of fact I tested it on the way home from the dealership on my Acura and it connected and worked just fine with an app called TorquePro). After finally getting the code right. The box on the lower right hand corner of the screen went Green with "Connected" displayed. But, there was no data. All the figures were 0.
The car was on and in park. I really don't know if I was supposed to do anything else to get the numbers other than go into the settings screen and select the year of my vehicle. It just seemed odd that I appeared to be connected, but got no data. I immediately downloaded the paid version since I intended to buy it anyway, but no change. I messed with it for about 15 minutes and finally gave up. Since the car had 11/12 bars and a manufacturer date of 4/13, I did not hesitate to walk away from the lot since I didn't have any LeafSpy data,
I want to be prepared next time, so I could use some help on how to use this app if I'm not using it right. I'll probably go to the nearest dealer that has a leaf for sale and test it out before committing to another long drive.