Now to get into neutral

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usao

I want to take my Nissan Leaf through the car-wash, they need to push the car along in their track system, and require that I put the car in Neutral, but I don't know how to do that... :?:

cwerdna said:
Hold the shift knob to the left.
Correct, note to OP you have to hold it to the left for several seconds, to put it back in gear just move the mouse down like you normally do.

The car washes I use have a person stay in the car while it goes through the tunnel due to the fact that "the engine stays on" while it is neutral.

Everyone who uses the exterior only wash lane stays in their car. I put the car in Neutral as instructed above, leave the engine on, and ride through. It is sort of fun, but I am always a little afraid it will stop while I am in there. So far so good.

Some of you may be old enough to remember the "Tunnel of Love" at the local amusement park. The drive-through car-wash is simply the 21st Century hybridized version.
NOTE: Do not EVER take a Yorkshire Terrier with you through the car-wash unless you have a high-end set of noise-cancelling headphones.

Back