New to me 2015 Leaf range question.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drkeffer

Just got done charging my new 2015 CPO Leaf. From what I've read the range was supposed to be 84 miles. When I got done charging it read 107 mile range. Am I missing something? Is it possible that it has the 30kw battery? Or is that a typical reading after disconnecting. I took a picture after doing some searching.
view

Thank you,
Darryl

The range estimator (called the "Guess O Meter" for good reason by us) uses just the last few minutes of driving before the car was last shut off to estimate starting range. It's useless for this in most cases. Don't worry, but no, you also don't have a 30kwh pack.

The GOM is just that, a guess-o-meter :D
It reports too optimistically at first, gets somewhat accurate in the middle and gets pessimistic, causing range anxiety towards the end. I generally see 82 miles on a 100% charge on my 24kwh Leaf, I generally get 60-70 miles of actual range. Of course if I wanted to go to VLB(very low battery warning) I could get closer to the 82 miles but I don't generally like to go lower than LB(low battery warning) which happens with just about 20% left in the battery.
IMO your best bet is the keep a close eye on the SOC% meter, if you get somewhere and use less than 1/2 of the charge you started with, generally, you should be good on getting back :)

Awesome, thanks for the replies. :D Looking forward to reading through this site to learn what I've gotten myself into :shock: Still in the honeymoon stage with the car.

Back