2015 Leaf not charging, showing RED and Yellow triangle lights

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rchenna

Hi, I happy with my Leaf so far. Suddenly it stopped charging and showing RED and Yellow triangles on dashboard. I didn't get any info about this in manual except saying 'Master warning light' and also didn't see any topic on this specific issue here. I am not seeing any issues for the last 18 months. Are there any debugging tips before towing it to dealer? Thanks in advance for the help.

first, does the car have a charge and start??? Does the Yellow triangle show when the car is on, and in use??

Does the car start and work ok, and only show the yellow triangle when you plug it into your L1 or L2 charger?

First, I would turn off any charging timers or controls you may have used...

If the yellow light is only when you plug in the charger, I would check that the charger is working... Use the included 120 volt charger first. It should have a ground, and when you plug the car is, it should do its characteristic beeps. The lights on the 120 volt charger should not be showing a "fault". That is when there is not ground..... If it works or doesn't work, then try it with a L2 charger if you have one also

I've gotten the Yellow triangle after I charged and disconnected the cable. I drive for a while, turn off the car, restart it, and the Yellow triangle is gone...

please explain more details about what happens when you do things... not just light colors...

Getting red and yellow lights all the time when start the car. Car is starting but not charging when I plug in. Lights on the 120v charger look ok, green light.

Back