New PNW Owner saying hello!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LtrainLEAF

We purchased a certified pre-owned 2014 LEAF SL with just under 19k miles about two weeks ago. I live in the Seattle area and I commute about 40mi/day round trip. It's our first EV.

My commute has a bit of elevation change, so watching the battery has been interesting. We live at about 500ft, I drop down into and cross a valley, then head uphill and our office is at about 400ft.

I've figured out the best route and the dealer we purchased from has free DC quick charge that I've used every couple days.

We'll be ordering the OBDII device and using LeafSpy Pro by the end of this week!

Looking forward to learning and contributing here!

You might want to experiment, and see if Eco+Drive mode works best for recovering energy on downhills, or if you have to use B mode instead. I find that the first combination works great for my more normal downhills.

Also experiment with coasting in neutral in some stretches as the Leaf maintains momentum exceptionally well (due to mass and LRR tires). I consistently get the best efficiency by slipping my Leaf into neutral on slight downhill grades, when I don't expect to have to brake. On steep, long hills you'll find you pickup speed pretty quick - in which case, you can pop it into B mode for a bit and then put it back into neutral.

I regularly use a combination of neutral, D mode, D mode in ECO, and B mode for regen braking - depending on traffic, the grade of the road, etc.

Back