Long time lurker, first post, recent purchase '12 SL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solly

After wanting one since the first test drive back in 2012, I finally bought a 2012 SL in February 2017. Had 12 bars at the time, dropped to 11 about Mid April. Currently showing SOH of 84, with 9 QCs (2 of those were me right after I bought it) and 21xx L1/L2 charges. The car has just over 41k miles. I'm under the battery warranty until October of this year, but don't see any way that I'd hit 8 bars - nor do I really want to try.

We're enjoying it a great deal. So much so that I've influenced a co-worker, a brother-in-law, and a niece to each buy one.

If I had it to do over, I might have held out for a newer one, but this '12 is in such nice condition, and I got such a nice price on it that I'm very happy.

I've learned a lot from reading this forum, and just wanted to say "hello" and "thanks".

Solly

Welcome to EV driving. I am sure you will enjoy your Leaf for a long time. The 2011 and 2012 Leafs built in Japan have some nice features that were deleted from 2013 and later USA Leafs. I still miss the faster acceleration of the higher torque motor, the electric parking brake, adjustable headlights, light colored "cloth" interior (not available on later SL models), and under hood equipment arrangement made to look like the valve cover of a 4-cylinder engine. Since you live in Salt Lake, you may want to consider adding a switch and resistor to the HVAC controls to be able to turn the heating element off while still having ventilation.

I am on my forth EV. I started with a 2012 Leaf purchased early at full list price. I traded it for a 2013 Leaf. The 12 sat in used inventory for a year until it dissapeared. Mercedes was so desperate for CARB credits they gave me full list price for my 13. I totaled the B and now I have an eGolf. I do not plan to ever go ICE again.

Back