Dangerous Temperature Ranges?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnl

I'm signed up to do some lapping on track in early September and was wondering what are safe temperature ranges and when I should get worried about the temps for the following:

Traction Battery
Motor
Inverter 2
Inverter 4

Thanks!

have been trying to do some digging on my own and from what i've gathered so far, about 110F seems to be the worry point. i know that tools such as leaf spy will provide motor and inverter temps, but not really finding any numbers to do with what point we should begin to worry. if anyone has some insights i'd really appreciate it!

High battery temperatures will accelerate deterioration over long term. One day on the track probably won't be too detrimental. Leaf's LBC (lithium battery controller) will limit traction motor power when battery temperature gets to 11 bars. Since the motor and inverter are liquid cooled, I doubt that you could get them hot enough to cause damage or reduce performance. Just go out and have fun.

GerryAZ said:
High battery temperatures will accelerate deterioration over long term. One day on the track probably won't be too detrimental. Leaf's LBC (lithium battery controller) will limit traction motor power when battery temperature gets to 11 bars. Since the motor and inverter are liquid cooled, I doubt that you could get them hot enough to cause damage or reduce performance. Just go out and have fun.

i may be new here, but i've been reading enough to have seen your name around along with sound advice. thanks for the very comforting response!

Back