80/20?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, if there's a choice between quick charge and trickle, which?
Today, I quick charged around 3pm, then again around 10 pm, noticed the battery bars went to 7,
they are almost always 5 or six bars...so the quickcharge heated up the battery.
But if I had trickle charged overnight to get to 80 percent, is that "better" for the battery??

kentklineman2014 said:
Today, I quick charged around 3pm, then again around 10 pm, noticed the battery bars went to 7,
they are almost always 5 or six bars...so the quickcharge heated up the battery.
As an FYI, if you didn't know, the battery temp gauge has huge overlapping ranges: http://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/Battery#Battery_Temperature_Gauge.

Since one of your previous posts mentioned Leaf Spy, I assume you still have a working setup. That is FAR more informative regarding battery temps than the above crap gauge.

You really should tell us where you are based. Ambient temperatures make a big difference. Where I live, the 80/20 - or even worse 65/15 - stuff is pretty much unnecessary. If I thought I should never charge a LEAF about 65%, I would never own one. As it is, I am on my second.

Dooglas said:
You really should tell us where you are based. Ambient temperatures make a big difference.
Yes, OP, can you update your location info via your user name in the upper right > User Control Panel > Profile tab? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

I've asked numerous times elsewhere on MNL that the location field be mandatory. Nothing's happened... :/

Back