powersurge
Delivery Date: 06 Dec 2014

Re: Hello from ChargePoint!

Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:14 am

GetOffYourGas wrote:Once you have an EV with a battery much larger than you need for every day use, you look at public L2 differently. Sure, I might be slightly more willing to shop at Price Chopper than Wegman's simply because the former has free L2 for customers as a loss leader. But even then, I get maybe $0.50 worth of electricity while shopping at a grocery store with poorer selection and terrible produce. Is it worth it? Not usually.

Yes, in the future, we will have "MR. FUSION" cars.. However, right now, all EVs are small(er) batteries, and can use a charge during all down-time. This shows the public that it is safe to adopt the EV as their transportation. Also, all cars could use a small charge, just like we have water fountains for a quick drink. If you are really thirsty, then the L2 charger is a godsend.

GetOffYourGas
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012

Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:52 am

powersurge wrote:
GetOffYourGas wrote:Once you have an EV with a battery much larger than you need for every day use, you look at public L2 differently. Sure, I might be slightly more willing to shop at Price Chopper than Wegman's simply because the former has free L2 for customers as a loss leader. But even then, I get maybe $0.50 worth of electricity while shopping at a grocery store with poorer selection and terrible produce. Is it worth it? Not usually.

Yes, in the future, we will have "MR. FUSION" cars.. However, right now, all EVs are small(er) batteries, and can use a charge during all down-time. This shows the public that it is safe to adopt the EV as their transportation. Also, all cars could use a small charge, just like we have water fountains for a quick drink. If you are really thirsty, then the L2 charger is a godsend.

Mr. Fusion is a diversion. You are talking about what people think they need, I am talking about what most people actually need.

Regarding the bolded part, I am already there. Many people also are there (although certainly not everyone) with the current/coming round of 150+ mile EVs. Could my Bolt be charged during all down time? Well, no. I suppose I could plug it in but even at L1 it would not be charging during all down-time. But public L1/L2 charging offers me no utility. I need DCQC in public to make any difference at all.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

TeamChargePoint

Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:29 pm

What makes people 6X more likely to drive electric? Access to EV charging at work.

60% of workplace drivers surveyed at a Fortune 500 company said they are likely to switch to EVs if workplace charging becomes available. – ChargePoint survey data.

Here’s how employers can make it happen - our 6 tips to bring EV charging to your workplace: http://bit.ly/2DVaJED

ChargePoint is the world’s largest and most open electric vehicle (EV) charging network. Join the EV revolution!

TeamChargePoint

Charging Forward: our Annual State of the Industry Report

Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:01 pm

We've recently released our annual Charging Forward Report (our state of the industry report).
Here's where you can download the full report: http://bit.ly/ChargingForward

Charging Forward provides a vivid snapshot of the state of electric mobility, tracks the growth of EV charging and mass EV adoption, and paints a picture of what’s to come in electric mobility, utilities, fleets, vehicle technology and more.

In addition to taking a look back at the year before, the Charging Forward report takes a look forward, making several predictions about what’s to come in the world of e-mobility.

By 2020, we're estimating that more than three million public charging spots will be installed globally, supporting the mass adoption of electric vehicles around the world. As electric infrastructure grows, utilities and automakers will explore new business models that reflect the new realities and technologies associated with e-mobility.
ChargePoint is the world’s largest and most open electric vehicle (EV) charging network. Join the EV revolution!

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”