webeleafowners
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015

Re: Hello from ChargePoint!

Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:00 am

I consider chargepoint the only reliable charge system out there right now. I still haven't had a failure. I don't count walgreens as I don't think they ever get used as they are outrageously expensive. Until we got an EV we use to shop there. Now we don't just on principal because of how they gouge. A huge missed opportunity for them. If they used them as a loss leader or even charged local rates they could probably draw in business. The way it is they invested money to push customers away. I know at least three other EVers who feel and do the same.

JMHO
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

GetOffYourGas
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012

Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:10 am

ChargePoint is very unreliable here. They have 9 chargers at the local mall, only 3 of which are currently working. We have over a dozen of them at my workplace, and they are failing very quickly - currently less than half are working. Rather than fix them, ChargePoint is insisting we buy new (more expensive, of course) hardware! :!:

ChargePoint's model is great for them - they are able to make a profit without any of the risk or responsibility of providing good reliable service. As you can tell, my patience is wearing very thin with them as a company.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

Randy
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0191

Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:31 am

ChargePoint files lawsuit against SemaConnect for patent infringement related to networked vehicle charging...

https://www.chargepoint.com/about/news/ ... maconnect/

GerryAZ
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011

Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:11 pm

That sounds like a patent infringement fishing expedition. I agree with Evoforce--Chargepoint seems to be advertising here so their advertising posts should be moved to the business area and they should be paying appropriate fees. They have a few L2 locations near me, but their rates are quite high so I only use them if there is n othing else available and I need energy to get home.
Last edited by GerryAZ on Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015

IssacZachary
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 15 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 420789

Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:03 am

ChargePoint, SemaConnect, Evoforce, EvGo... I wish there were some sort of charging infrastructure where I live, regardless of brand. That way I could travel without having to use campgrounds (which are all closed for winter.) It's kind of sad when you go to PlugShare and hardly see anything. I've tried to use ChargePoint's request-a-station but can't seem to get all the required information.
2013 SL SOLD :cry:
2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid CURRENT

TeamChargePoint

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:19 pm

@IssacZachary @GetOffYourGas I'm sorry to hear you've had some recent issues! I've sent you both private messages to follow up. :)
ChargePoint is the world’s largest and most open electric vehicle (EV) charging network. Join the EV revolution!

TeamChargePoint

ChargePoint + Alexa

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:20 pm

Happy New Year, everyone!

2018 brings with it new features for the ChargePoint app, and a new integration for ChargePoint Home with Amazon Echo!
Here's a quick summary via Engadget: http://bit.ly/CPEngadget

Also, we've recently introduced station photos on the ChargePoint app. We hope these new features make it even easier for drivers to find stations, charge up and get updates on their charging status.

You'll find everything you need to know about voice control through Alexa, and the new app features over on the ChargePoint Blog: http://bit.ly/CP-Alexa

Cheers,

Ro H.
ChargePoint Community
ChargePoint is the world’s largest and most open electric vehicle (EV) charging network. Join the EV revolution!

GetOffYourGas
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:13 am

TeamChargePoint wrote:@IssacZachary @GetOffYourGas I'm sorry to hear you've had some recent issues! I've sent you both private messages to follow up. :)

Thank you for reaching out. I will be amazed if all 9 of the chargers at the mall start working. I'll be sure to check next time I am there. I always alert the mall to chargers that are blocked or not working, but they don't do a whole lot about it.

As for the ones at work, many of them are back online, no thanks to ChargePoint. And your company's response to our support request was terrible. Basically, we were told to 1) spend money upfront to replace otherwise working GE EVSEs and then 2) spend money on a recurring basis to have ChargePoint manage the back end. It sure sounds great to ChargePoint - us giving you lots of money for something that we were doing ourselves much less expensively. It just doesn't add up from our end, and only encourages the company to remove the EVSEs completely.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

powersurge
Delivery Date: 06 Dec 2014

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:26 am

I have a general question about Chargepoint...

I have had my EV car for the past 3 1/2 years, and have been using Chargepoint since the beginning...

My question is this... I have noticed that NO NEW charging stations have been opened in the Nassau County, NY area during these three years... 1) Is this the best that it is going to get? 2) could this lack of new stations be related to fact that there has been an evolution of EVs, and that future EVs may not use j1772 plugs OR the 6.6KWH chargers will not be powerful enough for newer generation cars??

During the past 3 1/2 years, I would have LOVED to pull into regular highway exits, malls and parks, and be able to charge my car!! BUT It has not happened......

hyperionmark
Delivery Date: 31 Jan 2017

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:36 am

Huge oversight to not have it work with Google Assistant.

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”