TeamChargePoint

Re: Hello from ChargePoint!

Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:54 am

DNAinaGoodWay wrote:
TeamChargePoint wrote:
EVDRIVER wrote:They make money selling the data they collect on charging use, their goal is not to fill gaps in infrastructure but to get data to sell to companies and other entities where it makes sense or supports the business model.

Hi! We work with businesses to install new stations every day.
Our goal at ChargePoint is to make EV charging work for businesses who have parking spots, and for EV drivers who need charging. Take a look at this video about why Adobe invested in ChargePoint chargers (http://bit.ly/2kU3isi)! I thought you might also enjoy a blog post about Oyster Development Corporation and why they put in ChargePoint chargers, too! (http://bit.ly/2zfiQcF)

OK, here is the issue that limits you: you only install in collaboration with a host entity. You don’t seek out strategic locations and install independently. Especially with higher powered QC which is what we’ll need going forward. Soon, every OEM’s offering will be 60 kWh and up and there’ll be demand that will translate into revenue without your current host model. So, ChargePoint, why not branch out? You have the equipment and knowledge base to make it work. If Tesla can put up multiple units per site, you can cozy up right next to them, or across the road, whatever. As it is, you’re ceding the Non-Tesla QC market to EVgo. Do you really want to be that far behind?

We are working hard to build out DC fast corridors across the U.S. Stay tuned for updates. :)
ChargePoint is the world’s largest and most open electric vehicle (EV) charging network. Join the EV revolution!

webeleafowners
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015

Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:13 pm

I gotta say. We have had more luck with chargepoint stations than any of the others. We have had a swipe card for a couple years and now that we are a two EV family we seem to use their facilities more than any others. Pretty reliable network. I wish them well. Now if we could just get them involved in the Village Green Mall in Vernon BC, I sent the mall guy a contact point but never heard back from them. Excellent locations.
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

TeamChargePoint

Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:05 am

webeleafowners wrote:I gotta say. We have had more luck with chargepoint stations than any of the others. We have had a swipe card for a couple years and now that we are a two EV family we seem to use their facilities more than any others. Pretty reliable network. I wish them well. Now if we could just get them involved in the Village Green Mall in Vernon BC, I sent the mall guy a contact point but never heard back from them. Excellent locations.

Thanks so much! If you'd like to have our team try to get in touch with the folks at Village Green Mall, we'd be happy to try! Simply send the details over to our support team at support@chargepoint.com or give us a ring on our 24/7 driver support line at 1-888-758-4389!
ChargePoint is the world’s largest and most open electric vehicle (EV) charging network. Join the EV revolution!

jjeff
Delivery Date: 13 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 422121

Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:29 pm

ChargePoint is the only card I have and seems to be thee card in my market. My only beef is I have 2 Leafs but to get a second card I'd have to pay $5 :x Sure I suppose I could just sign up for a second account for my second Leaf but for now I just share the one card between the two and try and remember which Leaf might end up needing the card.....kind of stupid IMO that I'd have to pay for a second card, but whatever and no I'd rather not use my cell phone, I prefer the little RFID card.
2012 SL purchased used 2/'16
2013 S w/QC purchased new
Juicebox Premium 60a L1/L2 EVSE, Ebusbar 16a L1/L2 EVSE
'12 EVSEupgrade'd 20a L1/L2 EVSE, '13 EVSEupgrade'd adjustable 6-20a L2, 6-13a L1 EVSE
Zencar 13, 20, 30a L1/L2 portable EVSE
GE Durastation 30a

webeleafowners
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015

Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:41 pm

TeamChargePoint wrote:
webeleafowners wrote:I gotta say. We have had more luck with chargepoint stations than any of the others. We have had a swipe card for a couple years and now that we are a two EV family we seem to use their facilities more than any others. Pretty reliable network. I wish them well. Now if we could just get them involved in the Village Green Mall in Vernon BC, I sent the mall guy a contact point but never heard back from them. Excellent locations.

Thanks so much! If you'd like to have our team try to get in touch with the folks at Village Green Mall, we'd be happy to try! Simply send the details over to our support team at support@chargepoint.com or give us a ring on our 24/7 driver support line at 1-888-758-4389!

Thanks guys. One of us will give you a call in the next few days. We are currently in Palm Springs area with our smart ED. The Village Green mall is in Vernon BC. I did have a short email interchange with them and they seemed quite interested.

John
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

TeamChargePoint

EV Charging for Condos

Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Charging at home can be tricky if you live in a condo and have to get approval from your HOA to charge.

We've had hundreds of conversations with EV drivers to provide you with simple tips that will make it easy for your HOA to say “yes!” to your EV charging request.

You'll find our top 3 tips for negotiating with your HOA and a free eBook on condo charging, on the ChargePoint blog: http://bit.ly/ChargePointHOA

TeamChargePoint

HOA: Promoting alternative transit in your community.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:41 pm

We're honored to have had the opportunity to partner with Associa to share and explore how getting around in gas cars affects emissions and local air quality.

We also offer information on how HOA board members can help make a difference by promoting alternative transit in their community.

You can find the full post here, on the Associa website: http://bit.ly/AssociaChargePoint

Is your HOA board enabling your community to reduce emissions and improve air quality?

TeamChargePoint

15% off ChargePoint Home

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:39 pm

We've received a few private requests to share discounts as they happen, so we're happy to share a new discount that's currently available, just in time for the holiday season.

Treat yourself to faster home charging with 15% off ChargePoint Home, until December 22nd: http://bit.ly/ChargePointHomeSale

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and thank you for welcoming us here in the My Nissan Leaf community! :)

specialgreen
Delivery Date: 26 Mar 2017

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:20 pm

I have a Chargepoint card and use it for DCFC. What I find most lacking are regular, predictable charging points along major highways/freeways. Rather than enumerate specific roads, I’d suggest that ChargePoint approach the major truck stop chains:
- Pilot/Flying J
- TA / Petro
- Love’s/Country

You could drive across most of the US, and find one of these every 70 miles for most of your journey. There are over 750 Flying J stores alone. None of these truck stops are built “on the cheap”, and the owners are not afraid of investment. All are likely to have 480v 3ph power. All of them attempt to gain significant revenue from travellers lingering, eating in the restaurant and browsing in the store. A DCFC which keeps travelers in the store for a half hour per truck stop would be in keeping with their business model.

DCFCs placed at these locations could issue some kind of coupon, which is redeemable inside the store. This would help drive foot traffic, and would validate the business model to the truck stop chain. It would be practical to deploy first along highest-auto-volume freeways, near those metro areas with highest market penetration of electric vehicles; and then expand as the business model proves itself.

ChargePoint appears to be asking for recommendations of new locations, one at a time. I’d suggest that ChargePoint look instead for an expansion process which can begin with trial deployments, then gain financial validation, and finally run itself, for years of continuous growth.

2k1Toaster
Delivery Date: 12 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 420903

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:34 pm

specialgreen wrote:I have a Chargepoint card and use it for DCFC. What I find most lacking are regular, predictable charging points along major highways/freeways. Rather than enumerate specific roads, I’d suggest that ChargePoint approach the major truck stop chains:
- Pilot/Flying J
- TA / Petro
- Love’s/Country

You could drive across most of the US, and find one of these every 70 miles for most of your journey. There are over 750 Flying J stores alone. None of these truck stops are built “on the cheap”, and the owners are not afraid of investment. All are likely to have 480v 3ph power. All of them attempt to gain significant revenue from travellers lingering, eating in the restaurant and browsing in the store. A DCFC which keeps travelers in the store for a half hour per truck stop would be in keeping with their business model.

DCFCs placed at these locations could issue some kind of coupon, which is redeemable inside the store. This would help drive foot traffic, and would validate the business model to the truck stop chain. It would be practical to deploy first along highest-auto-volume freeways, near those metro areas with highest market penetration of electric vehicles; and then expand as the business model proves itself.

ChargePoint appears to be asking for recommendations of new locations, one at a time. I’d suggest that ChargePoint look instead for an expansion process which can begin with trial deployments, then gain financial validation, and finally run itself, for years of continuous growth.

Agreed. And also, more than 1... It is pretty useless to have 1 DCQC somewhere. It may work, it may not. It may be ICEd. It may be occupied. You may be 5th in line to charge, etc. Look at Tesla and emulate.
2013 Nissan Leaf SV with every option
2013 Prius C Package 4
2012 Lexus RX450h
2006 Prius Gen II, pIV
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid
2001 Honda Civic EX
1997 Honda Prelude SH
1981 DeLorean DMC12
and more...

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”