82% SOH without a battery bar loss

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainK

I bought a 2016 used Leaf. It did not have a battery bar loss. But Leaf spy had it at 84%, now I'm down to 82% and still haven't lost a bar, 3 weeks later. Did someone play with the computer to sell me this car with full battery bars?

When I purchased my Leaf just a few weeks ago, it had 81% SOH and 12 bars. Literally the next day, I turned it on and it was at 11 bars and the SOH was at 80%.

I don’t know about someone tampering with the Leaf to get it to show full bars but if it is anything like mine was, you’ll probably lose a bar when you get to the 80% mark.

Just out of curiosity, what’s your AHr reading?

CaptainK said:
I bought a 2016 used Leaf. It did not have a battery bar loss. But Leaf spy had it at 84%, now I'm down to 82% and still haven't lost a bar, 3 weeks later. Did someone play with the computer to sell me this car with full battery bars?
30KWH Leafs appear to have had the percentages for the loss of bars changed. The first bar hangs around until you hit 80% there have been reports of 2 bar losers but no confirmed percentages given. there is also a report of a 4 bar loser who is in the process of having the battery replaced under warranty but again no confirmed percentage of battery capacity left when they lost the 4th bar. There has been speculation that it may be as low as 15KWH for the 4th bar to drop. Problem seems to be heat related as most of the reported failures seem to be in Florida, Texas, Arizona, and So. Cal.

OddOcelot said:
When I purchased my Leaf just a few weeks ago, it had 81% SOH and 12 bars. Literally the next day, I turned it on and it was at 11 bars and the SOH was at 80%.

I don’t know about someone tampering with the Leaf to get it to show full bars but if it is anything like mine was, you’ll probably lose a bar when you get to the 80% mark.

Just out of curiosity, what’s your AHr reading?
Mine lost first bar at 77soh is now at 74 and have not lost 2nd yet.

I was going to write "BMS reset!" Learning that the first bar drops with 20% capacity loss is appalling. It's also pretty appalling to see that 2016 packs have already lost multiple bars.

Back