wtdedula
Delivery Date: 10 Sep 2017

Has anyone installed blind spot sensors on a 1st generation Leaf ?

Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:49 pm

Hello ALl;
I just bought a 2015 Leaf with S-trim last week and have been driving it for about 4 days now. I have become concerned about some blind spots around the car which make it difficult to see everything around the car when backing out (Even with the backup camera) or to the left or right.

Has anyone successfully installed any aids/sensors/mirrors/etc ... on a Leaf before 2017 that really helps see the areas where their blind spots around the car are ? If you did, can you point me to what you installed, and how it works and how you like it ?

Would the Nissan dealer be willing to install anything like that ?

Tim

kirkhilles
Delivery Date: 19 Aug 2017
Leaf Number: 022214

Re: Has anyone installed blind spot sensors on a 1st generation Leaf ?

Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:38 pm

wtdedula wrote:Hello ALl;
I just bought a 2015 Leaf with S-trim last week and have been driving it for about 4 days now. I have become concerned about some blind spots around the car which make it difficult to see everything around the car when backing out (Even with the backup camera) or to the left or right.

Has anyone successfully installed any aids/sensors/mirrors/etc ... on a Leaf before 2017 that really helps see the areas where their blind spots around the car are ? If you did, can you point me to what you installed, and how it works and how you like it ?

Would the Nissan dealer be willing to install anything like that ?

Tim

I realize this was a month ago, but I installed a Backup Camera on my 2012 SV using a $30 Rear View attachment kit on Amazon (http://a.co/i1Moj7j). I love it. It was easy to install myself as well and I just used the version that screws into the license plate.
2012 Leaf SV w/ 35k miles
MyEVStats.com

Chadrph
Delivery Date: 05 Oct 2017
Leaf Number: 312301

Re: Has anyone installed blind spot sensors on a 1st generation Leaf ?

Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:04 pm

While blind spot monitors are nice, I am still amazed that more people do not know how to properly set up their mirrors to remove all blind spots from their car. I have been driving with this setup for years and once you get used to it it is amazing how easy it is to monitor all of your surroundings. The link below shows how to properly set up your mirrors to do this.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/how-to-adjust-your-mirrors-to-avoid-blind-spots

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”