2015 Leaf SV Purchase

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hal0gen

I just picked up a 2015 Leaf SV with 15700 miles this weekend. I have only had the car a couple of days, but love it. It doesn't have the quick charge port but I think I will be fine without it.

Hopefully other people are more welcoming than you on here. I figured since the description said "New members - introduce yourself and ask any question you want." that I would introduce myself. Maybe that existing topic you mentioned needs to be a sticky since this is the new members section.

We'd love to have sticky topics, believe me, but we don't. Now imagine every new Leaf driver starting a topic for their specific car, and how much fun it would be to try to find information posted in those topics. I did try to find the existing topic, but can't remember the exact phrase used in the subject. I will try again...

Here it is. Lovely name to try to find with a search...

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2099

Congrats and welcome to the forum! You will quickly love it even more. Hang around and read a bunch, there's a lot to digest here. :D

hal0gen said:
It doesn't have the quick charge port but I think I will be fine without it.
I bought a 2013 SV at the end of May and didn't think I needed to spend the extra grand on the car they had with the QC. For my commute (13 mile RT) and most common evening/weekend errand (virtually the same RT), it was clearly not needed, but it was less than two weeks before I was second-guessing that decision and wishing I could take the Leaf on some of my mid-distance weekend junkets with a QC bump. :lol:

Oh, well, I'll live. It's not impossible that I'll shop for a second Leaf with a QC next year...

BuckMkII said:
hal0gen said:
It doesn't have the quick charge port but I think I will be fine without it.
I bought a 2013 SV at the end of May and didn't think I needed to spend the extra grand on the car they had with the QC. For my commute (13 mile RT) and most common evening/weekend errand (virtually the same RT), it was clearly not needed, but it was less than two weeks before I was second-guessing that decision and wishing I could take the Leaf on some of my mid-distance weekend junkets with a QC bump. :lol:

Oh, well, I'll live. It's not impossible that I'll shop for a second Leaf with a QC next year...
Our cars, our commute and our thinking seem to be mirror images. Is yours Pearl White?
I quickly decided a QC port would be a requirement on any future EV's. I've tossed around heading to Chehelis or the Mountain, but Level 2 charging is going to make for a long day!
s.

Back