Did I Leave My Leaf Running for 10 Hours?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmcjetpilot

OK I get to work, park, un-buckle, gather my stuff, get out and lock door with button on door handle (fob in pocket). I normally hit power button to shut down of courses, but apparently I may not have? When I returned 10 hours later (now dark) I unlocked car with key fob, before getting to car. Normaly I keep key in pocket and use the button on the handle to lock and unlock. I get in the car and it's all lit up, so I put my foot on brake and push the power button. It shut down? Normally the car is dark when I get in. Doha. I think my range was about 9 miles less then when I left it (not sure)?

Did I accidentally leave the car powered up for 10 hours? Does using key fob to open car auto-boot car?

I've never had a keyless ignition system. I recall reading years ago some people with ICE cars and keyless ignition leaving their cars running literally for a day.

I'm going to be a little more careful now, but does the car shut down on its own after a period of time? Is there some indication to alert me? I know you can't get out of the door because it remains locked until you turn it off OR manually open the door with the door lock switch.

Yes, you left it running all day. No, it does not shut down on its own after any period of time, unless the battery goes below 'Turtle' state. No, unlocking with the FOB does not auto-start the car. I'm not going to openly comment on pressing the power button with it all lit up and being surprised that it turned off.

If you were paying attention, you would have heard 3 beeps from the car when you got out and locked it with the door handle button. This is to tell you the car is still on. I leave mine on all the time while running errands, especially during the summer to keep the car cool. I try to avoid removing the FOB from my pocket, and use the door handle buttons to lock and unlock the car. This greatly reduces the chance of losing, misplacing, or forgetting the FOB.

Thanks for the replies....,

To "baustin" you said you would not comment about me pushing the power button with it all lit up... Go ahead make a comment... Dare you... I was not sure what happened, so I shut it down and powered it up again. Is that is a big deal? No. I got the drift of your tone. After a week of getting good nicely answers to my Newbie questions, there was bound to be one ...

I think the reason he wasn't going to comment on it is because we've all done it at some point, and we've been surprised by it. :oops:

Back