Seller claiming he bought extended warranty that covers battery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SyrinxTemple

Looking at a 2013 LEAF today. Seller said when he bought the car new he paid an extra $1500 for an extended warranty because he didn't know what to expect with an electric car. He's claiming the warranty is good for another six years and he believes it includes the battery. I didn't want to grill him about it as it's a good buy/price even without such a warranty, also I didn't want to put him off.

Can anyone confirm such warranties were offered in 2013, and if they included the battery? I'm incredulous.

Thanks!!

It includes the 12 volt battery, and the car has a factory warranty against traction battery defects. We have yet to see an optional warranty that covers traction battery loss of capacity.

Turned out to be a 02/13 build, driver had been a smoker, no CHAdeMO port, and the warranty was from CarMax where he'd bought it. So, had to pass. :cry:

LeftieBiker said:
We have yet to see an optional warranty that covers traction battery loss of capacity.
Indeed. As I posted at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=483780#p483780, a smug weirdo on Leaf Facebook group claimed his did and went silent when asked for proof and where to get it.

I don't know if it's canny warranty writing or pure Dumb Luck on the part of third party warranty providers. Maybe it's just a case of not covering what you don't understand. In any case it's unlikely that any such capacity warranty coverage exists, with any plan.

Back