Newbie and phone book/hands free question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arlee453

Just brought home a 2015 Leaf S with less than 30k miles. I was looking for an efficient commuter car and it was cheaper than a comparable gas car. So far I really like it and hope to save $$$ on my commute compared to my other vehicle (Ford Expedition). I’m charging with a juice box 40 and so far so good.

My newbie question relates to the handsfree calling feature. I uploaded the phone book from my iPhone. Many of my contacts have more than one number like home and mobile and work. On my ford I can say “call John smith on cell” and it will call that specific nmber of the three listings for the person.

On the leaf I say “call John smith” and it will Pick one of the numbers for that person. I can’t figure out a way to get it to change to the cell number vs the home number for that contact. For example it always displays the home number for my hubby when I almost always want to call his cell. And his cell is the first number listed for him when I look at contacts on my iPhone. There doesn’t seem to be a way to get it to change numbers.

I usually end up having to pick up the phone to dial the correct entry which sorta defeats the whole hands free concept

Any tips for specifying which number for a specific contact you want? I’ve tried google and several forum searches but can’t find this particular question addressed

Thanks in advance. I’m sure I’ll learn tons of great info here!.

Personally, I have no idea since I have a '13 Leaf SV and haven't bothered uploading my phone book to my current Leaf. Since you said iPhone, how about just using Siri to call?

I have never succeeded in uploading a phone book to my Leaf from my Android phones. I'm stuck with 5 programmed numbers in the car's phonebook. So from my perspective, you situation looks like "Rich Peoples' Problems." ;-)

Back