How wide (including mirrors)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdhauser

Leaf Supporting Member
The owners' manual says the LEAF is 69.7 in. wide. However, that width does not include the mirrors. Now, my garage is very narrow (old house). So much so that with my current car (Honda civic Hybrid) only has a little over an inch clearance from the mirrors on each side. If the LEAF is any wider (with mirrors) than 80", it's a deal breaker for me.

My dealer said they'd see if they could dig up a measurement, but haven't so far. Anyone out there with a LEAF willing to get out a tape measure?

PS the Honda width is listed as 69 inches.

rdhauser said:
The owners' manual says the LEAF is 69.7 in. wide. However, that width does not include the mirrors. Now, my garage is very narrow (old house). So much so that with my current car (Honda civic Hybrid) only has a little over an inch clearance from the mirrors on each side. If the LEAF is any wider (with mirrors) than 80", it's a deal breaker for me.

My dealer said they'd see if they could dig up a measurement, but haven't so far. Anyone out there with a LEAF willing to get out a tape measure?

PS the Honda width is listed as 69 inches.

If you have to, you could always fold the mirrors in before going into your garage.

umm, no. the mirrors extend from the body but the fenders flair out. the mirrors probably only stick out at most an inch or two beyond the fenders

Thanks for that, sproqitman, just the answer I wanted. Hey DaveinOlyWa looks like we might have several Leaf's in town! Yes, the mirrors on my current car (honda hybrid) are mounted so that they extend out very far from the car. From what I've learned here, it looks like I'll have a few extra inches with the Leaf. Thanks again everyone.

well looks like "about an inch" actually.

i measured each mirror vertically to the floor, marked it with tape and its about 78½ inches.... pretty tight fit there.

**edit** oic someone posted 77 inches... ok, i can go with that. where in Oly are u? when is your delivery? we need to get an owners meetup here when there are a few more in town!

It's a tight fit, but no more so (in fact a bit better) than my current car.

We're over by the east Capital Campus. I just ordered this month, so we don't have a delivery date yet. Sometime this spring/summer, I suppose.

A meet up sounds fun!

Back