ATT
Delivery Date: 03 Jan 2018

Re: Is a used Leaf suitable for me?

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:56 am

Hi All,

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I want to give an update.

I took the leap this weekend and a bought a 2015 SV model with 36K miles, it's got both 6.6kw and QC charger. I bought it from the Nissan dealer which is about 5 miles from my place. The price was fairly comparable to other S model, so I did ok.

To address some of the questions:
So far the apartment chargers seems to be barely used, the few times I've checked. So I think I can use it I need to. There are also charging station across the street at $1.00/hr, so I can potentially do that as well.

As for work, the charging stations was fairly open when I arrived on Friday. I am going to check it this afternoon and see if people move their cars in the afternoon to let other people charge.

Very excited to own a Nissan Leaf!

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:01 pm

Good for you. For your information, the car has only one charger onboard. The QC option provides a second charging port and the required wiring. QC stations use an external charger that bypasses the onboard unit and charges the pack directly.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

goldbrick
Delivery Date: 01 Aug 2017
Leaf Number: 311806

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:04 pm

Congrats! Hope you like yours as much as I am enjoying mine. I'm sure you'll figure out ways to handle your charging. It's a bit more complicated than just driving up to any old gas station but it is sooo worth it every time you drive past a gas station and think 'I remember those, how quaint' ;)

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”