ATT
Delivery Date: 03 Jan 2018

Re: Is a used Leaf suitable for me?

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:56 am

Hi All,

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I want to give an update.

I took the leap this weekend and a bought a 2015 SV model with 36K miles, it's got both 6.6kw and QC charger. I bought it from the Nissan dealer which is about 5 miles from my place. The price was fairly comparable to other S model, so I did ok.

To address some of the questions:
So far the apartment chargers seems to be barely used, the few times I've checked. So I think I can use it I need to. There are also charging station across the street at $1.00/hr, so I can potentially do that as well.

As for work, the charging stations was fairly open when I arrived on Friday. I am going to check it this afternoon and see if people move their cars in the afternoon to let other people charge.

Very excited to own a Nissan Leaf!

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:01 pm

Good for you. For your information, the car has only one charger onboard. The QC option provides a second charging port and the required wiring. QC stations use an external charger that bypasses the onboard unit and charges the pack directly.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium and no QC, a 2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, and 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

goldbrick
Delivery Date: 01 Aug 2017
Leaf Number: 311806

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:04 pm

Congrats! Hope you like yours as much as I am enjoying mine. I'm sure you'll figure out ways to handle your charging. It's a bit more complicated than just driving up to any old gas station but it is sooo worth it every time you drive past a gas station and think 'I remember those, how quaint' ;)

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”