jeffpolo
Delivery Date: 27 Jan 2018

Re: 2011 Nissan Leaf rear window defroster not working

Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:41 pm

I'm pretty confident that may be the case. I need to purchase the circuit tester still but just looking last night after replacing fuses, it just doesn't look like any of the defogger lines are producing heat. Would you happen to know where that connection would be? Bundled in the rubber cable management on the left & right sides of the hatch door? The car is in mint condition inside and out so I know it was taken care of quite well.

alozzy
Delivery Date: 18 Jan 2017

Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:52 pm

Sorry, never done it on a LEAF before, but it's generally somewhere around the window perimeter. If I remember, I'll have a look at my LEAF rear window...
Vancouver, CA owner of a 2013 Ocean Blue SV + QC, purchased 01/2017 in WA
Zencar 12/20/24/30A L1/L2 portable EVSE
1-1/4" Curt #11396 hitch
After market, DIY LED DRLs
LeafSpy Pro + Konnwei KW902 ELM327 BT OBDII dongle
Loving my first BEV :D

jeffpolo
Delivery Date: 27 Jan 2018

Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Great news all! So using the tester i confirmed no juice is getting to any of the defrost lines . So, took my chances since i'm able to find the connector to the window like i have seen in many cars and pulled away the plastic molding just on one side. To my surprise, there was the familiar receiving metal prong on the window with the cable connector neatly folded down. I connect, but still didn't work until I found the other side in the same situation. Both are plugged in now and all is good! Attaching picture i took if i can find that option. looks like I can only reference http or youtube. Thanks again for all the feedback. Great forum full of great people.

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”