Replaced battery or not

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calverajarda

Hi,
i want buy this leaf, its european, 2013? from Netherlands - all bars on display. Today i check with Leaf Spy:
38810km
Ahr: 64,76
SOH 99,02
376,98V
Hx 96,84
91QCS, 2204 L1/L2
Temp 14C
5mV diff
SOC 53,4

I mean this cannot be battery from 2013 with 38000km? Its replaced battery? Possible?
Its possible from vin collect any data? SJNFAAZE0U6010477
Thanks for any info.

Car was imported from Holand with 34000km, here in Czech 4000km. I mean battery change in Holland. Czech seller dont know :(

That is either a new battery, or it has been reset and you will not be able to tell from LeafSpy anything about the battery condition.
Go for a long test drive; then you will know.

SageBrush said:
That is either a new battery, or it has been reset and you will not be able to tell from LeafSpy anything about the battery condition.
Its possible reset data for LeafSpy? i mean it can only reset battery bar on display..

My guess is that's a new battery pack...probably in the last year.
Go back to Nissan with the VIN and see if they can confirm.

calverajarda said:
SageBrush said:
Its possible reset data for LeafSpy? i mean it can only reset battery bar on display..
If you're asking about whether Leaf Spy can tell the difference between inflated SOH values due to an illegitimate reset (reset w/o replacing pack w/a new one) vs. a new battery (and thus a legitimate reset), it apparently cannot. See posts by AntronX at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=489807#p489807.

Just to confuse matters more, it is just possible, if the car never saw hot weather at all, that that is the original battery and accurate readings...

LeftieBiker said:
Just to confuse matters more, it is just possible, if the car never saw hot weather at all, that that is the original battery and accurate readings...

It is impossible for a 2013 car to report those numbers, even if is was in cold storage. In addition, 2200 charges later will NEVER have a 99% health battery....

powersurge said:
LeftieBiker said:

It is impossible for a 2013 car to report those numbers, even if is was in cold storage. In addition, 2200 charges later will NEVER have a 99% health battery....

My early 2014 has reported similar numbers. I don't claim that this report was accurate, rather I am fairly sure that it was not accurate. Numbers like this show the impact of DCQC sessions and driving patterns (and more) on the estimate of the car's battery management system. Leafspy is just reading this estimate.

mbWHFIW.png

calverajarda said:
Hi,
i want buy this leaf, its european, 2013? from Netherlands - all bars on display. Today i check with Leaf Spy:
38810km
Ahr: 64,76
SOH 99,02
376,98V
Hx 96,84
91QCS, 2204 L1/L2
Temp 14C
5mV diff
SOC 53,4

I mean this cannot be battery from 2013 with 38000km? Its replaced battery? Possible?
Its possible from vin collect any data? SJNFAAZE0U6010477
Thanks for any info.

Its possible its OEM. Good climate would do that. My 2013 had similar numbers. The numbers bounced around a LOT but I was roughly 17-18,000 ,miles when my stats dropped to a similar point including one point where I was at 65.39 100.66 31362.7 (ahr, Hx, mileage) after a QC experiment just to see how much I could inflate numbers ;)

Back