Connecting to....well anything really?!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zelda01

Just purcahsed a used Nissan Leaf (2014 model) and I have been trying for 2 days now to connect up in the app/on the website. The page says my Chassis/VIN number has alrerady been registered on the site, but it is not to my email. I assume the previous owner still has it linked, is there anyway to unlink this easily? They supply a number but as their CS is only open whilst i am at work that's going to be a bit tricky :/
Feel like i'm going in circles with these applications, between NissanConnect, You+ Nissan and carwings, i'm not entirely sure which does what and what I want/need. I'm based in France if that makes any differences to the applications?

I'm not sure how they do it in France, but in the US you have to contact Nissan EV Support to get the car transferred to your name. I had to send in a copy of the purchase contract. You won't be able to get anything done, until you contact Nissan EV Support.

Up until the 2016 model year I believe, Nissan USA/Canada used a CarWings module that was only compatible with 2G cell service. That caused problems here in the US when AT&T (the cellular provider Nissan USA used) shut down its 2G service at the end of 2016; not sure when Canada lost their 2G service. There is an upgrade to a later technology but I hear it's been problematic.

If Nissan Europe did the same thing, that could be the reason why you're having troubles connecting...it's using a service that may no longer exist.

The leaf never got an update in France.
Here are the contacts I got in the last mail :
Si vous souhaitez joindre la Relation Clients, nous vous invitons à nous contacter :
-par téléphone au 0805 11 22 33 (gratuit depuis un poste fixe)
-par courriel à l’adresse suivante : [email protected]

Took me a call, some emails and a week.

FIY we still have 2G data sim card at work!

gugusse said:
The leaf never got an update in France.
Here are the contacts I got in the last mail :
Si vous souhaitez joindre la Relation Clients, nous vous invitons à nous contacter :
-par téléphone au 0805 11 22 33 (gratuit depuis un poste fixe)
-par courriel à l’adresse suivante : [email protected]

Took me a call, some emails and a week.

FIY we still have 2G data sim card at work!

Ok, I summoned up my confidence in speaking French over the phone and managed to call them, they've sent an email with requests for me to send stuff off, so I am on the route hopefully!
Thanks again!

Back