Any difference in b and d mode when e-pedal is turned on?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhBee

I usually drive with the e-pedal. I was just wondering if it makes any difference which drive mode I am in. The car always starts in D mode, but I really don't notice much of a difference in modes when the e-pedal is enabled.

When e-pedel is turned on throttle response is reduced a little. (Similar to what happen when ECO is on, but not as aggressive as ECO. You can feel this then when gas padel is at a constant, and when car travelling at a constant speed, when e-Pedel is turned on car would slow down.). In otherwords, not only braking, is aggressive with e-Pedel, acceleration response is adjusted, so that Gas padel operate has to travel a wider range to accelerate. I think this was done to achive more accurate drive / brake characteristics.

I have tried in both D and B and don't really see a difference. It would be nice if there was a way to have it be a little more aggressive when taking your foot all the way off the epedal when driving at highway speeds, 70 MPH for example. I find if the traffic ahead slows down a lot, like from 70 MPH to 20 taking your foot of the epedal doesn't aggressively slow the car. Pressing the brake to get from 70 to 50 and then the epedal will be more aggressive about braking. Anyone else notice this?

FafnerSailing said:
I have tried in both D and B and don't really see a difference. It would be nice if there was a way to have it be a little more aggressive when taking your foot all the way off the epedal when driving at highway speeds, 70 MPH for example. I find if the traffic ahead slows down a lot, like from 70 MPH to 20 taking your foot of the epedal doesn't aggressively slow the car. Pressing the brake to get from 70 to 50 and then the epedal will be more aggressive about braking. Anyone else notice this?

I felt the current e-Pedal is already slowing down quite fast. At highway speed, look further ahead and slow down earlier usually save more energy.

Honva said:
FafnerSailing said:

I felt the current e-Pedal is already slowing down quite fast. At highway speed, look further ahead and slow down earlier usually save more energy.

The highway is curvy and hilly. During commute time it will go from empty 80+ MPH fast lane to almost stopped in a short space. Slowing down isn't a panic stop, but the car can't just do a slow coast from 70 to 50. If I take my foot all the way off the epedal I expect it to actually slow down.

Back