I have a Leaf 2 what is the cream coloured switch on the roof liner?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please can someone tell me what the cream coloured switch is on the roof liner with a picture of a car with radio waves on it?

LeftieBiker said:
I think that it is the little-mention "SOS" button. Check your manual for more info.

Hi thanks SOS - save our souls? No mention of this in manuals.... and no apparent function when I play with it.

The manual mentions the button, explains what it does (calls their connect service if you have a subscription), but doesn't, as far as I can see, give the location of the button. The manual also shows a drawing of an "E-Call" button, with no radio waves...

If you get an angry call from Nissan, you'll know it worked. ;-)

The green LED next to it should be on if it is functioning properly. You need to set up Nissan Connect Service before it will connect to operator.

LeftieBiker said:
The manual mentions the button, explains what it does (calls their connect service if you have a subscription), but doesn't, as far as I can see, give the location of the button. The manual also shows a drawing of an "E-Call" button, with no radio waves...

If you get an angry call from Nissan, you'll know it worked. ;-)

Thanks but I can’t find any reference in my UK manuals. Can you send me a page number though you manuals in USA may be different.

Honva said:
The green LED next to it should be on if it is functioning properly. You need to set up Nissan Connect Service before it will connect to operator.

Thanks, I have an account and all else is working OK. The button does nothing. Not lit either.

What is the purpose?

Can you tell me wha page it is in the Manual?

I'm sorry, but I only did a quick search, and didn't remember to note the button page. It's not long after the explanation of the controls and switches.

pyromancy5 said:
Post a picture of the button you're talking about.
I finally got to the bottom of this. It turns off the interior intruder sensors so that you can leave a dog or perhaps a child briefly in the locked car. Procedure is turn off engine, press the roof button, the alarm wRning light now flashes, exit the car, lock it and a loud bleep sounds, warning you that the interio4 sensor is inactive.

Back