if i buy a 2011 with 8 bars, will nissan replace the battery?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riverview9

I plan on buying a 2013 leaf in the next month for about $10K. However the nearest used leaf is a 2011 that seems to have only 8 bars on the battery. In the pictures it looks half charged and shows 19 miles to empty. I'm not a risk taker but if the price was low enough and i was 90% sure it was under warranty and nissan would install a new battery I might consider it
I can try to post a picture later tonight if anyone would find it helpful to see the grainy gauge picture

The capacity warranty for 2011-12 cars is 5 years 60K miles. Since it's 2018, none of them are still eligible for battery replacement.

Edit: I suppose there might be one or two that weren't sold until well into 2013, but probably not a 2011. With a VIN number, you should be able to call 877-NOGASEV and find out whether a particular car is covered.

riverview9 said:
I plan on buying a 2013 leaf in the next month for about $10K. However the nearest used leaf is a 2011 that seems to have only 8 bars on the battery. In the pictures it looks half charged and shows 19 miles to empty. I'm not a risk taker but if the price was low enough and i was 90% sure it was under warranty and nissan would install a new battery I might consider it
I can try to post a picture later tonight if anyone would find it helpful to see the grainy gauge picture
For $10,000K I would deliver for free all the way to Michigan my 2013 SL with leather seats, 6.6kW charger, CHAdeMO port, premium BOSE sound system, 360° cameras, high efficiency heat pump heater, heated front and rear seats and steering wheel, 11 bar battery with newer and better chemistry and 3.5 years left on transferible extended warranty.

But no, Nissan wouldn't change a 2011's battery for free. The warranty has since expired. I do believe it was only 5 years back then, if that. My factory warranty pretty much expired on my 2013. I'm not sure when Nissan went to an 8 year warranty, but definitely not in 2011 or 2013.

Back