Phone mount versus airbags

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeleaves

Hi there! I'm a newbie here.

I've seen a couple of questions (1, 2) about phone holder placement, but none with this angle: where can I put a phone holder so that it won't interfere with the airbags, or worse, poke me in the face or chest if I get in an accident? Currently I have it to the left of the steering wheel.

My 2016 Leaf has side and rollover airbags as well.

Thanks!

I have my phone cradle attached to the plastic bezel around the navigation screen. That way it is not in the line of fire of the air bags, is easy to reach near the right side of the steering wheel, and the screw holes can be eliminated by replacing the bezel if I ever remove the cradle.

There is a wide temperature swing between night and day here (along with high ambient temperatures) so I have not had much success with suction cups for long-term use. I am using an adjustable mounting bracket that came with the very first Motorola cellular phone car kit that I bought many years ago. It has the standard AMPS 4-hole mounting pattern for mobile electronics on both sections so each updated phone cradle I bought would attach directly to it. My latest charging cradle has a ball joint on the back so I use a Ram Mount adapter which has a ball on one end and an AMPS 4-hole mount on the other.

Back