GaryHere

Re: This is normal?

Tue May 29, 2018 10:26 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:I agree with most of the above. Don't assume yet that it's a BMS reset - get your M/KWH reading first. If this shows 12 bars, it may be near losing one, in which case those numbers do seem ballpark. I've always had a big drop in the GOM estimate after leaving home, because I drive up and park slowly, but often leave in a hurry, with a heavy right foot...

Ok will do, thanks.

You mean this Energy Economy display?

I think it resets when I reset the trip "B" right?

So this is the current m/kwh but honestly I have no clue whats good (except for higher numbers obviously hehe) numbers.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Tue May 29, 2018 11:13 pm

Yes. 5.5M/KWH is great! Was that for just a short trip? With odometer mileage that low, economy that high, and a range estimate that is often low, I'm puzzled too, at this point, as a BMS reset seems less likely with less than 20k miles, unless the car resided someplace very hot. Still, 65 miles estimated range with 8 charge bars doesn't seem that low, although I'm used to thinking in terms of % SOC, not bars.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

GerryAZ
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011

Tue May 29, 2018 11:19 pm

You need to reset the mi/kWh display by pushing the button to the left of the steering wheel that has a period on it. As someone who has driven a 2015 for over 3 years, I see no evidence of a BMS reset and, as I said before, it is not unusual to see variation in the SOC drop vs. distance. If you are concerned about range, charge it fully instead of trying to stop at 80%.
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015

GaryHere

Tue May 29, 2018 11:24 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:Yes. 5.5M/KWH is great! Was that for just a short trip? With odometer mileage that low, economy that high, and a range estimate that is often low, I'm puzzled too, at this point, as a BMS reset seems less likely with less than 20k miles, unless the car resided someplace very hot. Still, 65 miles estimated range with 8 charge bars doesn't seem that low, although I'm used to thinking in terms of % SOC, not bars.

Good to hear all that. Sounds reassuring.

The 5.5 there was reset when I finished charging Sunday to 80% and so drove 12 miles or so since then. I won't reset it and take a small freeway drive tomorrow to get some different non street readings with some higher speed on the m/kwh.

Btw Carfax showed it's entire life prior was in the east Bay area of SF.

I'll post more results tomorrow and thank you and all for your input and help here.

:D

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Wed May 30, 2018 12:42 am

GaryHere wrote:Btw Carfax showed it's entire life prior was in the east Bay area of SF.

Willing to name the cities, including where it said it was serviced and registered?

There can be HUGE variation in daytime temps during summer and hotter months in the Bay Area. See viewtopic.php?p=464260#p464260.

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

SageBrush
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017

Wed May 30, 2018 7:26 am

GaryHere wrote:The 5.5 there was reset when I finished charging Sunday to 80% and so drove 12 miles or so since then. I won't reset it and take a small freeway drive tomorrow to get some different non street readings with some higher speed on the m/kwh.
That will just confuse you.

Read my earlier post
You do not have to follow the reasoning to follow the instructions although it certainly helps
2013 Model 'S' with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado
3/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Wed May 30, 2018 11:43 am

cwerdna wrote:
GaryHere wrote:Btw Carfax showed it's entire life prior was in the east Bay area of SF.

Willing to name the cities, including where it said it was serviced and registered?

There can be HUGE variation in daytime temps during summer and hotter months in the Bay Area. See viewtopic.php?p=464260#p464260.

Lol, yep. That's why SF weather reports take up so much time on the local news shows because they're compelled to read off the current and forecast temps in 20 different locales. SF-ers also know their fog and they demand specificity. Witness "moderate to heavy night and morning upper-valley ground fog". :lol:
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

GaryHere

Wed May 30, 2018 11:54 am

cwerdna wrote:

There can be HUGE variation in daytime temps during summer and hotter months in the Bay Area. See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... 60#p464260.

Not much info on the Carfax but heres what I can provide:

Hayward CA- For sale Hayward Nissan

Millbrea CA- DMV Title issued

Hayward CA- Hayward Nissan dealer serviced it

SageBrush wrote:
GaryHere wrote:The 5.5 there was reset when I finished charging Sunday to 80% and so drove 12 miles or so since then. I won't reset it and take a small freeway drive tomorrow to get some different non street readings with some higher speed on the m/kwh.
That will just confuse you.

Read my earlier post
You do not have to follow the reasoning to follow the instructions although it certainly helps

Ok, re-read it.

I guess my head spins when I see math, lol, but re-reading it, now I get it :D
Last edited by GaryHere on Wed May 30, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SageBrush
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017

Wed May 30, 2018 11:57 am

GaryHere wrote:Ok, re-read it.

Excellent !

Off you go then. Realize that you do not have to perform the test in one trip. The start and end numbers are used.
2013 Model 'S' with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado
3/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles

GaryHere

Wed May 30, 2018 12:15 pm

SageBrush wrote:
GaryHere wrote:Ok, re-read it.

Excellent !

Off you go then. Realize that you do not have to perform the test in one trip. The start and end numbers are used.

Yes and thanks for all your help and yes literally, off I go.

I was just leaving to go to the Kohls where there is FREE charging :D

Getting tired of paying Blink high prices of 2.40/hr --- ouch but on a good note, Im getting closer to renting a home where I can park and charge like a normal EV owner would hehe.

Too bad I sold my L2 charger but there are more to buy :D

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”