Master Warning Light

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talock2018

Ok - so I took the plunge on the 5/13 SL - loving my first three days! But....

The red master warning light came on...but, can’t find any other associated info in the maintenance minder or errors (the manual references the LCD display, nothing I can find there) car seems to be operating completely normally. I went back to the dealer where I purchased, a Toyota dealership. They couldn’t find anything, thought it might be a seal at a window, but also said only a Nissan dealer could clear the light.

Two questions - any idea what could be going on? Is it true that the only way to clear the code is at a Nissan dealer?

LeafSpy can read/clear codes; I recommend searching/reading that thread for details.
However, having just purchased the car, I would let Nissan run a diagnostic in case it's something serious; their CONSULT tool is more comprehensive.

I'm pretty sure one will need the Pro version of Leaf Spy to read the DTCs. For iOS, that's the only version. For Android, there are the free lite version, the non-pro and pro versions.

Keep in mind that the MWL can and does also come on for pretty trivial reasons. It's often there essentially to tell you: look for another warning light. That can be a door ajar, a parking brake not fully disengaged, etc, as well as for more serious issues.

LeftieBiker said:
Keep in mind that the MWL can and does also come on for pretty trivial reasons. It's often there essentially to tell you: look for another warning light. That can be a door ajar, a parking brake not fully disengaged, etc, as well as for more serious issues.

+1. For some reason the graphic for the rear hatch not being latched sometimes escapes my attention and I only discover it by means of the master alarm.

All - seams like it was the passenger seat belt (tho no one was in the car with me). I plugged in the seat belt (again, passenger side) and the MWL went off. Annoying, but there yah go.

Back