Remove radio in 2018 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StGeorge

I'm new to this group and online it's not easy to find information for a 2018 Leaf, and I am actually the first to have one in my country, Malta, as I bought it in the UK. I have the basic radio and am going to replace it with a Din 2 Android radio, running Oreo, and it will support all steering controls, or so I'm told. What I need to know is:

1. Will it reduce any other functionality, the main dash display receives the time from the radio, I'm told this will still be supported, but not convinced.

2. I need to know how to remove the dash or old unit, I don't want to go on heavy handed and wreck my new car!

There is not much information, and I've already made the mistake of buying the wrong charger, as the UK and US model take a different type. So I'm going to ask advice. When I hopefully install this unit, I will share my experience.

You are not going to receive a knowledgeable reply. Most members are from North America. If you have an S it is possible. The SV and SL have the controls integrated into the display so I doubt that it is possible.

My model is the lowest available, the radio fitted is very basic with an LCD display. Other than the clock there is no integration with the car. Is there any information anywhere on how to remove the radio or maybe even the dashboard?

I'm going to answer my own question here after upgrading the stereo. It was so easy, DIN 2 a perfect fit into the 2018 Nissan harness. The adapter cable supplied was spot on, I just need to connect the steering control wires, should be simple. The sound and functions on my Android Oreo unit is so much better, as are the functions. If anyone ever thinks of doing this, let me know. I'm now going to upgrade the speakers as my new unit will blow them! The unit courier delivered to my little rock in the Med with extra Nissan Cables was GBP 249. I'm now fitting my 4G router under the seat, with an external antenna, just enough room under passenger seat, though I might opt for the glove compartment. My new stereo has a full Sky UK TV package, and very fitting for an electric car with all bells and whistles!

Hi,
Color of the wire that you use to keep steering control, wire or full harness?

Thank

I have actually yet to identify, another small job on my list! If anyone does know I would appreciate it! I might try and get a wiring diagram from somewhere.

Best thing, i just buy CRTNN02, that s fit the 32 pins like mom and dad.
Good for back camera and steering control.

Joying 8.0 android 8" double din fit perfectly.
70-7552 plus Metra 40-NI12 (antenna)

AX-NIS32SWC-6V

Back